1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cam Belt Failed

Discussion in 'Supersport (1974-2007)' started by ginge46, Feb 13, 2017.

1. I can speak from experience. Belt slip (or maybe it was valve stem breakage) at 70mph in top gear, totally destroyed one of the heads. Piston looked like it had been hit a million times with a sharp hammer. Rebuild cost was £££ x lots.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. I have a complete engine for sale thats done 6000 with everything you need to run it if you need a new engine for an 899

Its good to go, i have heard of rebuilds costing 4000 region

cheers ben

3. Thanks for the offer but I don't think it will fit the 900ss my 899 is fine

4. I dropped a valve on my 916 sp. it mashed the piston and head. I took the head to a motor engineers in Northalerton it was repaired like new. He got me some one piece forged valves from somewhere he uses ( He does a lot of car racing engine work) wouldn't tell me who or where it was. The bloke does valves for Italian bikes. I got another set for the vertical head. They were less than half the price of Ducati valves

5. Have the cam chains been snapping? Not heard of it.

6. I read the post wrong i thought his 899 had blown up i was pretty surprised myself

7. As has been pointed out, you would be best to by a sh head rather than new bits cost wise. I am sure its all fixable with replacement parts.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information