1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 Can A 1200/950 Owner Do Me A Big Favour Please?

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by MattM, Feb 19, 2017.

1. Hi all, not sure if you're aware but I sell dashboard screen protector kits for various Ducati models, the Multistrada 950/1200 being one of them.

I'm not here to sell the kits, don't panic. I'm actually in need of an owner to do a very quick measurement for me if possible. I've had a recent complaint about the fit of my kit - the first in over 500 sold - and I just want to satisfy myself that there isn't anything I could improve to make it fit on better. I do believe if it was a terrible fit I would have received more complaints, but I still just want to check.

Anyway...would it be possible for someone to measure for me - as accurately as possible to the nearest mm - the width of the screen as shown below. I don't have a reference dashboard anymore to check this myself, that has long gone as I thought it wasn't required anymore.

I will happily send you a free screen protector kit - which you can then give me your honest opinion on also - to say thanks :upyeah:

Matt

[​IMG]

#1 MattM, Feb 19, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2017
  2. Hi Matt,

Measurement on mine is 136mm

Cheers,

Paul

3. i always say 12 inches

4. Perfect, thanks. My protectors are 134mm wide so must be a user issue...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Oddly enough I fitted one of @MattM screen protectors to my 899 this afternoon. Perfect fit, easy to instal. Great product at a great price. I highly recommend :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1

6. Good man, thanks for the feedback [emoji106]

7. I've got a multistrada 2013, are those new tft screens so glare sensitive? Can't say that I ever had a glare issue with my screen.

8. The anti-glare Multistrada '15> is by far my biggest seller, so looks like a lot of owners seem to think so.

9. Its scratching thats the problem, not glare. Just breath on the TFT and its wrecked.

I need to get one for mine, its just been replaced so is brand new :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Why did you get it replaced?

11. Because it was so scratched. But can't chance getting another replaced if this goes the same. Link to shop Matt?

12. Wow, which dealer did that for you, I'm planning on sending another mail shot to the dealers this week and I might highlight the fact that fitting these to new/used bikes would remove warranty claim issues. I have done this once but was mostly ignored!

Shop is Speedo Angels | Home - Motorcycle Dashboard Screen Protection [emoji1303]

13. It's not a regular warranty replacement, afaik most get knocked back. It was scratched when delivered tlso I was ok just to go with it and see if it got worse. It did so they fulfilled their end. Exceptional circumstances

14. Fair enough, I know that a lot of people complain about the scratching, but not many dashboards are actually replaced, hence my surprise at hearing yours was. Use coupon code FORUM20 if you decide to get one from me for 20% off :upyeah:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  15. Ordered the anti-glare one with the forum code. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  16. Matt,
    Ive ordered from you three times buying kits for both my 2016 Pikes Peak and my 2012 Pikes Peak. Ive never had a fitment issue. But I have wanked a couple do to not getting lined up correctly on the first go round.

17. Glad to here it. That's why we supply two in the kit. I'm not sure how many people get it right first time, but I expect that figure is quite low.

18. Great stuff, I'll get it in the post later today :upyeah:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information