1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

848 Can Someone Point Out Where The Radiator Is Leaking From?

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by Pras, Apr 10, 2016.

1. Just likes adding to our steel industry woes by ordering his from China :tearsofjoy:

2. It's Aluminium :) or if I buy the American one, Aluminum.

3. Can you do us all a favour and take some good pictures of the Chinky radiator when it arrives? Would also be good to have a write up of how the fitting goes. Everyone on the forum could benefit from that sort of information. I would even buy one for a spare if you think it is any good.

4. Alooooooooooooominum...:upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Don't worry about the workers in the British steel industry, they don't think twice about buying a foreign car, TV, Fridge or anything else that is not made in Britain. They are very happy to go and watch a football match every weekend where 22 foreign millionaires kick a bag of wind around a field, while paying their wages.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. It was my intention to take some pictures of both for comparison Bob.

Tbh, my dealer is spot on and when I baulked at the price of a new one, he suggested the pattern part as he'd heard about people using them with no problem. The uprated option from the USA will be the last option (after trying to repair my original if the Chinese one is no good).

@Mary Hinge has bought one and although he's not used it yet, says that it looks fine.

7. Is there a linky for the chinky ? :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Linky for the chinky

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. And I went and spent the best part of £1k on a new rad and getting the tank resprayed after a blocked breather and some hot weather caused the fuel to expand and leak out the filler cap [emoji31]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Well for £56, it's not bad. Time will tell if it leaks like a collander. I'm interested to see how it all lines up.

Packaged OK. There is some slight damage to the fins on the front in a few places, but nothing that won't straighten out and flash over with a black aerosol. If it had been from a Ducati dealer, I'd have thrown it back at them and insisted on a perfect one, but you pay your money and takes your chances.

I'll try to get some pictures side by side of the original that I remove this week.

IMG_3909.JPG IMG_3910.JPG IMG_3911.JPG IMG_3914.JPG

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  11. Thanks for the pictures. Looks like this has been sent within the UK ?! Wasn't sure as all the eBay sellers are Chinese but state item location Portsmouth.
    I still haven't received my J B Weld epoxy so cannot try the repair yet.

12. The dents are probably down to Yodel tossing it over the gate/fence/house....:rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Yodel are s**te. They said they left a card on Saturday as I wasn't in. I was in and they didn't knock or leave a card. Lazy b**tard courier was probably in the bookies all day. They left it with my neighbour today while I was at work, a fellow biker :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  14. @Robarano how long did it take from placing the order to delivery ?

15. I've had similar problems with the buggers....Dare you to actually try phoning them...:Banghead:

16. Well it looks fine from here!

• Useful Useful x 1
  17. About £111 including postage then as he wants £55 to post to France! Would be cheaper for me to fly over and collect it!

18. Well, it kind of got the better of me and I thought I'd at least get the old rad off this evening.

The Chinky rad is definately little rougher around the edges (but not much), but hey, I couldn't knock one up and post it for £56.

All of the accoutrements are fitting to it without any issues. I'll stick it in tomorrow and see how it goes.

IMG_3924.JPG IMG_3915.JPG IMG_3917.JPG IMG_3919.JPG IMG_3920.JPG

#39 Robarano, Apr 11, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2016
    • Like Like x 6
    • Thanks Thanks x 2
  19. Nice pics and write up Robarano.
    As for Yodel, simple business plan from the Barclay brothers, undercut the hell out of the competition, lose millions per year (£117million loss in 2014 I believe), then when the competition is destroyed bump the prices up. Some suppliers have started using Yodel at work, bloody parcels missing left right and centre. Hell, they delivered my new £500 smart phone, dumped it in my front garden in a cardboard box in the pouring rain.
    Maybe we should have a Yodel thread? :) Sorry for the rant!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information