1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

996 Carbon Air Tubes On 9** Or 748

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by duc996bp, Feb 18, 2017.

1. Can someone tell me which 9** models came as std with carbon air tubes? Are the carbon tubes like the plastic ones i.e. two halves screwed together, seperate them to insert the air filter?

2. Not sure if any came as standard mate. The ones I've seen / have are one complete piece. Some take the std filters and some don't. Another thing to look out for is if they have the indicator holes and flats on them.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Mine are one piece with indicator fitting points and cannot be used with out of airbox filters like the original fitment, although I think there are one or two that do allow that. I have to use the over trumpet JHP filter sock, but could use a couple of other airbox screen filters similar to those used for 999s

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Ahh right, I thought something like the "R" had them as std

5. I have similar from QB carbon. They are larger than the standard and I cut out the openings in the fairings a little to suit.

I did originally use a foam filter over the intakes but when I did some tuning work, which included larger stacks I changed to the BMC filters;

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  6. My carbon air tubes can take standard filters but on close inspection I can see gaps around the edge of the filters so I buy large pieces of filter material and make my own slightly larger all around, they are a nice snug fit now.
    Steve

• Like Like x 1
  7. I assume because most of the carbon tubes available don't have the cut-out for the indicators that they are used by track bikes only?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information