1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

950 Carbon Canister Cover - Retro Fit For Dvt?

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Twin4me, Feb 20, 2017.

1. At the bike show at the weekend and I noticed the new 950 has a neat little plastic cover which disguises the lump of a fuel vapour capture canister.
    I was so excited to find something to hide this horrible monstrosity that when I took the photo I managed to totally cock it up and not actually take it.

I found another pic online which shows it.
    [​IMG]

If anyone is near a dealer with a 950 can they look to see if you could retro fit this to a 1200 DVT?

2. It does look better so might be worth doing.

I've compared the spare parts diagrams for both bikes (upper: 1200S 2016, lower: 950):
    upload_2017-2-20_9-59-21.png
    upload_2017-2-20_9-59-48.png

The Canister Filter (7) is the same, as is the mounting plate (2) however the bracket (8) is very different but looks like it bolts to the horizontal head in a similar way. The 1200 parts list doesn't show the lower mounting screw (28 on the 950 diagram) but the special screw (25) is the same.

So if it looks like the 950 bracket will fit a 1200, you'd need the following parts:
    So that likes about £26.10 (assumes the Pads don't come as a pack of two). The prices are from the kfm-motorraeder.de website using their indicative UK £ price as they sell in Euros.

Might be worth doing as the canister filter on the 1200 is an eye sore. There is always the other option of just removing the canister filter, together with the associated pipework.

#2 steveb123, Feb 20, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Wow, great work Steve, thanks a lot.
    I thought there was a bend in the bracket. I'll have a closer look once the bikes are in the dealers.
    It did look a lot better on the 950.
    Nor sure what the consequences are in removing the canister and what you do with the associated pipes

4. Had the dealer get the parts and fit it , nope it doesn't fit to my PP DVT o_Oo_O

5. Poopy bum!
    :worried:

I think it would only be this part that would be the issue?
    • Bracket (8) [83019462AA] x 1 at £10.97 each

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information