1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Carby SS - parts needed...

Discussion in 'Supersport (1974-2007)' started by 470four, Mar 6, 2012.

1. Too right! I looked down the other day and they were doing 130mph! :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  2. 130 mph shake is that 
    They give a great view of the Tarmac

3. Headstock/Stem bearings wear and rust quickly..
    Can be picked up cheaper from bearing supplier.
    SKF 639174
    SKF 639172
    26x52x15

4. Stuck like glue :upyeah:

• Like Like x 2
  5. Oh yes Geroge...a little bas***d of a job.....plus I took some skin off the knuckles trying to pop the pump out.

6. All in all a very good post, well done! makes you wonder why you bother though. personally i would not be without mine, what else would i do with my time!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Indeed! Mine is (touch wood) running like a train, once you have addressed the issues with them they are a very good motorcycle! Wouldnt change it for the world... :upyeah:

8. Front & rear brake disc bolts have a 5mm allen head on an M8-threaded allen bolt, also made of cheese... can be upgraded with better stainless bolts!

Found this on my pooter just now, think I found it on Ducatisti??

Handy tho -

Technical Stuff

9. Just shows you would have to be CRACKERS to buy one!

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Carb mixture screws round off or rot into the carb base, making removal a Royal PITA... as standard there should be a little rubber bung to keep tyreflick out of said residence, these usually vibrate out and off anyhoo... :rolleyes::biggrin:

11. :)
    Enjoyed reading through this thread again

• Agree Agree x 1

12. Not if you silicone them in they dont! :upyeah:

This thread is top stuff, all the things iv'e experienced along the smooth road that is carby ss ownership! Seriously you guys have covered just about all of the idiosyncrasies of the Supersport.

#33 Phartycr0c, Jan 15, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2013
  13. When ever you look on this forum you always see posts by Dazza!

14. :)

15. good reading. 470 will be missed.

• Like Like x 6
  16. They will be able to run forever now! :upyeah:

17. The rear brake master cylinder of of any duke up to and including the 1198 will fit and work a treat :)

• Like Like x 1
  18. Can you please advise on best battery/starter cables to get? My old girl turns over shite at the mo. Thanks!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information