1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT Chain Splitter

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Wayne58, Feb 20, 2017.

1. Hey all, after last year's arse clenching moment when my chain snapped and jammed the wheel, my new bike has 4k miles on it now, so I'm going to put a quality X-ring chain on it. I know there is nothing wrong with a 4k mile old chain, but it's a confidence booster for me to replace the stock item (as well as a nice gold one looking better) Anyhow, I'd like a very good quality splitter and riveter, the kind that last for life, so which do you recommend?? Thanks in advance

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. I brought for £38 sealey one and was money thrown away got DID KM500R. Great for did chains really fit for purpose but £100 so imho you get what you pay for .

3. I got one use out of my cheap one. Agree!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Ive done another chain with my cheap one since the other thread. No issues. What's that saying about workmen and tools again?

5. Sorry. Forget the wink. [emoji8]

6. Bugger.[emoji6]

7. Cheap bloody phone

• Like Like x 1
  8. Read that thread, ordered a DID KM500R, thanks for the replies :grinning:

PS, Would I be correct in assuming the DID ZVMX 530 chain is up there with the best of them ??

#9 Wayne58, Feb 21, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Yes for strength, no for weight.

10. After last year, strength is what I'm after, I could not give a rats arse about weight....:)

• Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information