1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT Chain & Sprocket Upgrade ...i'm Confused.

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by gregsf848, Mar 18, 2017.

1. Hi all,

As per title, i want to upgrade the chain for a more heavy duty one as the oem looks awful and i figure at the same time i might as well upgrade the sprockets at the same time....but I've been looking around on the net and found a lot of online shops don't even list the DVT as an option, i also had a brief scan through on here, but to be honest i find the massive amount of choice very confusing.
    i don't think i need to change the gearing as i'm quite happy with the standard spec gearing.

In short looking for something like the heavy duty DiD gold type chain with maybe renthal sprockets ?? but which ones?
    and if possible where to purchase?

Many thanks in advance

Greg

2. I've just replaced my chain and sprokets I went for 1 tooth bigger on the back I bought a DID VX 530 chain the pins are a bit more hefty than the standard chain, although my bike is an S GT not DVT, have to say though I've riden 25k on the same sprockets and when I cleand them up the front was showing sings of slight wear but the rear looked fine if I'm honest.

3. I've just replaced my drive on my 2010 with a 15th front (generic), 42th rear (Motogear) and 530GXW chain after 57,000 kms... wow, it has transformed the bike, smoothed out the gearing, no more jerking and plenty of crisp acceleration.
    Totally recommend the change :smiley:

#3 chickenman, Mar 19, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information