1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chaz Practices His Starts

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by Wassy, Jan 12, 2017.

• Like Like x 12
  1. imagine what would happen if he had no electronic aids and took off bouncing off the rev limiter would be interesting. but yes sounds friggin awesome :upyeah:

2. What a glorious noise and I am beginning to like the wheelbarrow exhaust look now.

3. So he just pins the throttle and drops the clutch and the bike takes care of the rest , where is the fun / skill in that

4. Remember watching an episode of Speed and Guy Martin was saying that at race starts he's hard on the rear brake all the way until 3rd gear, just to keep the front somewhere near the floor!

The only skill involved in launch control is in the guys programming it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Most difficultbthing must be getting the funding together

6. Something I've never been good at. A mate who is does:
    - front brake on
    - revs to max torque
    - lights on and clutch right in biting
    - just as he expects lights out release clutch past biting so it's as if doing a burnout
    - as light goes real ease front brake and bosh.

He could start 5 rows back and would still be top 3 into first turn.

One to practice @royalwithcream ;)

7. Whatever Chaz does is good in my book. IMO, outstandingly the best rider in WSB last year, bad luck for him he had a lot less than the best bike in the first half of the season but sensational in latter half (although still not the fastest in a straight line). Rea won the title deservedly through consistency (and being the second best talent out there by a small margin), but Chaz gave 100% every time and rode the wheels off his bike every single race last season. I really hope he wins the title next year because he absolutely deserves it on rider ability. He can ride 20 + laps on the limit , on the same line, on every lap without falling off too often. He deserves it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. If I tried that I'd end up on a big pile of motorcycle parts, probably on fire.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Traffic light practice :)

When we did the ACU licence it was tipping down with rain and most people were on supercorsas so were just wobbling around the track at probably the slowest speed I've ever experienced on a race track. I must admit that despite this the race start still made the hairs on my neck stand on end. I can't wait to experience a proper one for the first time as it felt mental.

I need to learn this, I've never even done a rolling burnout. It's really difficult to pull the front brake and throttle at the same time. All of a sudden I have a reason to learn!

10. There isn't much like it. First corner, bikes everywhere, and a balance between 'its mine, f@ck off!' And 'bollocks, he's knocked me off, I'm going to crash!'

It's brilliant ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information