1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

749 Chromed Indicator Bulbs...

Discussion in '749 / 999' started by Berry, Jan 15, 2017.

1. Anyone know where I can find some at a decent price? Recently got some smoked lenses (f&r) and don't want to see the orange blob of a bulb in there.

2. LED bulbs don't show their colour

3. That's a fair point. But would I have issues with compatibility with LED bulbs?

4. got these for the GF's Volvo;

Indicator Light Bulbs - Chrome Amber 581 12v DC - 581 BAU15s APXB2

watch out, as these specific once have a very slight offset on the pins, but I think they sell some with the pins directly opposite each other.

they work exactly as intended in her clear lens rear light cluster. tried the LED option, but too much faff with adding resistors. apparently, a solid state indicator relay can be used instead of using the resistors to get the flash speed down (if you put LED lamps in a standard indicator circuit you will get very fast flash, and if on canbus, an error).

Pete

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. #5 Old rider, Jan 16, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2017
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Thanks guys for those links.
    Cheers for this. So the ones I need for the rear after a bit of internet searching are 382 type (same as 581 but with opposite pins) The fronts I think are t10 push fit type for the 749 is that correct?

7. Have had quite a few issues in the past with LED equivalents, even when they state canbus error free etc. And if they did work it was only for 6 months or so. I'm going to play it safe and just go with bog standard bulbs if I can. Cheers though

8. couldn't be sure about 999/749, as I have a 998 which has 382/BA-15S front and rear as standard.

9. yep T10 for the front.. Ive just changed mine

• Thanks Thanks x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information