1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ciao Marco

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by MattM, Jan 20, 2016.

1. It's only taken me four and a half years, but I've finally gotten around to framing this picture I took of the late great Marco Simoncelli at the Silverstone GP in 2011. It now has pride of place in my study :upyeah:

[​IMG]

This got me thinking of how MotoGP would look now if he hadn't had his accident. What do you think? Factory Honda rider? Guessing not. I'd like to think he'd be on the factory Ducati. I think a factory team of Simoncelli and Iannone would have been something special to watch? We'll obviously never know, but how do you think he would be getting on?

• Like Like x 13
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. :upyeah: Great photo that Matt & apt you should post it on his birthday, Marco would've been 29 today :(

• Like Like x 1
  3. Cheers!

Yep, I've just found out it is his birthday today via Twitter. Total conincidence! Happy birthday Marco :disrelieved:

4. Nice!

I'd like to think he'd have gone factory Ducati at some point.
    I certainly believe we hadn't seen him at his full potential.

I got this tattoo last year. Still often wonder the same about where he would have been.

For anyone that hasn't, worth a trip up to Coriano to see his museum.

IMG_20160120_161654.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  5. Wow, quite the tribute!

I'd love to go to Coriano, to see the museum and also the flame that they light every Sunday :)

6. Went to Coriano last year , they were still constructing the flame tribute so hope to see it when I'm back in sept for the Misano gp. I've also a couple of prized pics of myself at the circuit entrance sign. image.jpg Mrs Idb and myself cheering on Johnny rea in wsb last year at Misano . God I'm so handsome.

7. You could have ironed the shirt! :smiley:

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. It's trendy, like me :grinning: I did iron my ulster flag though.

9. Standards Sir, standards!

• Love You Love You x 1
  10. He was definatley going to be one of the aliens. i got my mate to take this picture when we were at Laguna Seca in 2010. The twat only got half my face in though!

026.JPG

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Happy Birthday Marco...! Inspirational!

image.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  12. Even if he didn't ride he'd be my hero just for that afro.

13. He fell off at a very wet all day British GP at Donnington hopeless on Dates.. It was on his 125cc bike..When he stood up he was so big his bike looked like a minichamps bike..

Ciao Marco.. we will never forget you.. 58 Belissimo..

14. Marco & Andrea would have made an awesome paring :)
    I was doing a lot of work in Asia between 2009 - 2014 and most of my trip just happened to coincide with motorcycling events, strange huh. I'm not by any means an avid picture taker but it was the iconic barnet that made me take this, it's the only one I have of the late great man. Unfortunately it also turned to be the saddest day I'd ever experienced at the track as I took it on my phone in the Sepang pitlane just hours before the tragedy unfolded. Marco - Sepang 2011.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  15. That's a great picture Matt. Are you taking orders for it? Would love a copy of that.

16. Some of the museum in Coriano.

027.JPG

031.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  17. I'm more than happy to let whoever wants a copy of the photo to have it for free. You can then arrange your own size prints etc. If you feel like sending a few quid over to the Marco Simoncelli foundation then that'd be cool, but certainly not a requirement...

The full res image is attached...

Marco.jpg

Edit - I don't think the above image is the full res copy, it seems to be compressing it and reducing the file size. You can download the original from this link, which is a direct link to a copy of the photo on my One Drive site... Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.

#17 MattM, Jan 31, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Matt, top bloke. Nice one. :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  19. I've shared this pic with A few friends , they loved it. Thank you for sharing with us.
    If only he had reached his full potential ... What if?

• Like Like x 1
  20. @Fazer10uk - Why the random 'disagree' rating on my post?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information