1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cleaning Titanium Termignoni System

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Marc Anton, Jan 15, 2017.

1. Afternoon all, I'm sure this has been discussed many times before but just wondered what is the preferred/proven way to clean exhaust components. Recently purchased bike, which is very low mileage, would like to get exhaust looking somewhat like new
    IMG_7621.JPG

IMG_7621.JPG

2. Metal polish

3. Zircotec ceramic coating with a 3-year guarantee. Job done as you simply jet-wash it clean each time.

4. Leave it alone, patination looks good.

5. And welcome Dave

6. please use autosol bluing remover, followed by autosol stainless cleaner (its mainly stainless not tit)

• Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  7. Elbow grease.......And hi.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. thanks for the 'nuke post' did you mean 'thanks very much'?

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. Hello, leave it alone ;)

10. Morning All - nice to see a bit of sunshine, still to bloody cold to ride though! Just wanted to thank all those who responded for their advice - gonna give the Autosol a go tomorrow - it worked on the end of the end cans, so hopefully should be good of the rest of the exhaust - I'll let you know how it goes - have a good weekend

11. youre welcome, you can remove my 'nuke post' now you ungrateful git :p

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. morning all - just an update for those who are interested - as the man (keith916) said, elbow grease will do - Scotchbrite pads from eBay also helped a lot. Pleased with the result IMG_7778.JPG IMG_7777.JPG IMG_7778.JPG IMG_7777.JPG

IMG_7777.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  13. Titanium will polish to a mirror, chrome-like finish. However, it is very hard, harder than stainless steel, so does require more elbow grease.

I still maintain that Autoglym liquid metal polish is the best, having tried all sorts.

14. As the Flat one said though it is stainless :smileys:

• Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  15. Hello Marc. Nice work on the pipes. Any pics of the whole bike :)

16. Thanks Andy - As you can imagine, not an easy task but worth it. 1st pic taken on the day I bought it, pics 2&S - taken when I got it home - yes I have a very understanding wife!! fullsizeoutput_1bc.jpeg IMG_7613.JPG fullsizeoutput_5.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
  17. Wife likes that kitchen too! :)

Looks mint mate.

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. You must have if she lets you park it in the kitchen ;)

19. Garage floors not too shabby either :upyeah:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information