1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

749 Cloning Keys In Lancashire

Discussion in '749 / 999' started by DucRod, Sep 5, 2016.

1. I have a 749 with one red key and three black keys ?? Only on black key starts the bike. One black key as been butchered and a "chip" inserted but it does no work so it is bin fodder. The other key is a blank that has been cut to suit but no chip so bin fodder again.

I would like to get another key made with a chip and cloned off the working black key does anyone in the Blackpool/Preston area do them ?

2. That won't work using the red key. That key is for use with a cloning device. For programming with the red key you need a key with a pre-coded chip. DUCATI John can supply a pre-coded key, you just need to get it cut at a locksmiths.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Today I visited my local ironmongers and key cutters asked if they could clone keys and they're answer was yes if the machine could read it.
    So off to home for keys and back to shop............test results are.

Three black keys . two with transponders and one without.

The guy read one black key and cloned the the other black key to it. £5.00 cost !!

result is Two black keys that both start the bike . Result .

Moral : Ask at your local cobblers you may never know .

Next job remove blade from key with NO transponder and modify body to take transponder ironmonger has in stock and get cloned .

• Like Like x 1
  4. Well done, I was surprised to find that I could do the same with a 1098. Key works fine but was £35 as opposed to your five, still worth it though.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information