1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1198 Cockfest: Dyno Shoot Out Vs 2015 Yam R1m, Desmo, And Others

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by Spareparts, Aug 22, 2015.

1. Thought I'd post up a recent dyno shootout where I ran my 1098R against some mates and their bikes. Same dyno, same day, same conditions, yada yada... for fun and to put the world to rights :D Before smart arses pontificate about the accuracy/flaws/etc of a Dynojet dyno, I really don't GAF. The point of the day was who had the biggest cock at the pub :D

Of interest was the new Yamaha R1M which was running a Decat Akrapovic, and had been well run in with about 1000 miles on the clock. There was also a D16 Desmo running the GP Race exhaust and ECU, plus a tuned MV F4 312RR, and a GSXR K7 with a rocking horse full Yoshi TI-GP Force system (same as had been run on WSBK in their day).

For a 2008 old spitter that had been breathed on by Wilf at MotoRapido, I thought she did quite well :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The Desmo on the rollers. The V4 noise was E P I C!
    [​IMG]

R1M promised...
    [​IMG]

Final 3 with a 'correct' X-axis scale: - Ducati red, MV blue, Suzook green:
    [​IMG]

1098R on her own:
    [​IMG]

And over time: the take off at 7k rpm is what rips your arm sockets when you open her taps!
    [​IMG]

All in, the on-tarmac experience bares witness to the 1098R: unless you are fully covering the front end, be ready for when 7k rpm hits and you dare open WOT... she is currently very light - about 7.5kg lighter than a standard 1098R, so you gotta be ready! Best number for the day for the 1098R was 184.54rwhp, 97.61ftlbs.

Anyway, the science may vary, but it was all for fun. Importantly on the day: Ducati 1 - 0 everything else :D

• Like Like x 9
  2. BOOMtastic mate! Great results!

As you say - looks so bloody explosive from 7K up, brilliant stuff!

That elevated torque curve too...neither of those other bikes would stand a chance.

Very cool, thanks for posting!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ps. I've been looking for THAT fuckin plate for ages... Let me know if it's ever for sale...

Edit, ah just noticed there's a digit after the 2... Never mind!

4. Looks interesting,but means fcuk all to me i'm colourblind.

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. @Spareparts The graph makes it look like a hoot, but what 'breathing' has it had at Wilf's?

6. He he he... I've got one of those too. And built by Wilf and Co @ Moto Rapido. The Desmo took a caning... Shite!
    Good post. And you Sir @Spareparts are the knob waving champion. Stout fellow, well done!

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. @stretta She runs full superstock spec internals, but I decided to have her backed off a few months ago for one main reason: she was simply too aggressive and fierce for my riding which is now increasingly road based, less so on track. (Family/time/age/etc). Wilf made the changes this year, and she's running relatively rich at the moment: but also a lot cooler and with less ferocity (power). Her characteristics in how she delivers the power, however, is still magical. HC Pistals, ported and polished heads, bigger oilways, Corse cams and velocity stacks, balanced camshaft, all blueprinted. With the same hardware and another ECU reflash, the same motor can likely deliver another +15-20hp, but I'm not willing to chase numbers at the sake of reliability. As it is, with her output and lack of weight and no anti-wheelie control, she will push any mortal to the limit of their riding abilities. I absolutely love her!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Fab spec....one day I will.....one day :)

9. I should point out that none of these bikes are standard and that all of them have been 'optimised' quite heavily. Having ridden with my mates quite a bit, the MV and K7 are both exceptionally fast and very well sorted. The only thing separating us is who has the biggest bollocks! :D

10. No surprise to me. 1098R is s factory beast out the crate

Last of the true specials

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Yep !! ;)

12. Can only dream !-()

13. If I was the desmo owner I'd be weeping into my beer at said pub!

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. not really...some minor engine mods and allegedly its good for over 200 easy enough...remember no TC or any safety features ;)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information