1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 R Comfort Seat

Discussion in 'Monster' started by TMoen, Apr 10, 2017.

1. Anyone tried the Comfort Seat (Code: 96880331A) for 1200R? I´m planning a trip to the alps this summer and wonder if anyone have experience with this seat? Also, the misses complain and says the pillion seating is hard and small.

2. my missus wont even get on it. cant see you getting a bigger pillion seat

3. strap pillows to her arse?

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. The add says: "25 mm higher, it is made from high-density foam and lined with technical fabric. Designed to improve rider and passenger comfort". No, it won´t be bigger, but probably softer. First priority though, is my own behind during the longer trips:wink:

5. Didn't realise it could take pillions, I thought the rear rests were cosmetic and took them off :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. I've got one fitted to my 1200R , but can't comment from the pillion aspect.
    As previously stated it is 25mm higher which gives a little more leg room if you're on the tall side.
    I find it more supportive in the rear portion of the seat ,and slightly raised at the front compared to the standard, which prevents sliding towards the tank.
    TBH it's pricey for what it is £200 ish, but i suppose if you're travelling longer distances you will feel the benefit.
    I was lucky mine came with bike , if i had to buy it probably would spend my money elsewhere.
    Do I prefer it ? Yes, but the standard seat is not to bad.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Thanks, really helpful!

8. I have a comfort seat to sell - see ebay item for the full story!!! 142480523481

9. Part of the reason i went M1200s was because my wife found it comfortable I may need a ventura to stop her falling off the back but other than that..

10. Do anyone know if the rear tail plastic fairing cover also fit on top of the comfort seat?

11. It does fit over because the rear part of the comfort seat is no different to standard. That’s why I had mine re upholstered at the rear so my wife would be comfier. However the seat adds about an inch to the seat higher and I am too small inside leg so am selling it. If you search eBay completed items Ducati monster 1200r comfort seat you should still be able to see it. It did not sell so I am open to offers.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. Thank you for the answer and the offer! I want the extra hight to get a better grip with the knees. I also want to be able to have the cover mounted. It looks really good :). Guess that that the cover no longer fits on yours.

13. You are correct. The cover does not fit that seat now due to the extra pillion foam. My plan was that at start of day I would choose if I was going out with passenger or not and just put the relevant seat on. Turn key and no need to mess with the fiddley cover bolts. When out with just me on the bike I was not bothered about the extra comfort.
    Neil

14. Re listed on ebay if anyones interested - Item number 142661779670

15. Yes I have one on my 1200s I originally got it because I have a long inside leg and wanted the extra height however another benefit of having it is it's much more supportive and softer so longer rides are a lot more bearable than the original stock seat so I can thoroughly recommend it and say it's money well spent. IMG_20171028_102613.jpg

16. Well my modified comfort seat has now gone to a new home. Has anyone got or seen a 1200R with a LUImoto seat cover fitted?
    https://www.luimoto.com/?p=639

• Like Like x 1
  17. I’ve got one . First one had felt pen marks coming through the material . Would recommend getting an upholsterer to fit it though .

5B9B1E33-CD21-41C6-9633-E919E288671E.png

18. zKi00TCNToGB4zei43BvdA.jpg zKi00TCNToGB4zei43BvdA.jpg

19. Nice :) I got a new badge and fitted it to the cover . The lugs break off them and you don't find out till you take the cover off !

20. Yes, I’ve got the comfort seat on my 1200R, and can confirm the rear seat cowl does fit over it. Like others have said, I wanted the extra seat height to ease my troublesome knees as well as add some extra comfort. There’s not a lot in it between the comfort and standard, but there is some additional padding at the front. Sometime ago, I did a comparison photo with the 2 seats for someone on here.... one laying on top of the other, so you could see the different profile of them. Can’t find the photo now tho. Doh !!

Expensive for what it is, but with the choice, I would always opt for the comfort seat.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information