1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1199 Core Standard Exhaust

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Sharky67, May 18, 2015.

1. Hi i have seen a guy in the USA coring 1199 standard exhausts.. Just wondering how hard this would be.. Or if anyone knew somebody in the UK thats is doing this.. Seems as though it does not require a map and is f loud.

so far ...

Remove sleeves from exhaust - easy enough
    Cut a square hole in the exhaust - easy enough ..
    remove the catalaytic piece and cut some pipes in the exhaust cans??? this bit whats the best way.

2. I did it the other week and its as straight forward as you have just mentioned. You do have to use brute force and ignorance to remove the Cat itself

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I did tidy this up with once the cat was out but I have no pics
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Took the chance to wire these bolts up whilst it was off

[​IMG]

You do gain a little bit more noise and the tone has a tad more bass. I would say there does seem to be a tiny bit more mid range and it feels like it spins up a little quicker. I can only quantify this by the seat of my pants rather than in scientific way.

But mine even though it was on standard cans did have the upmap on the bike so I would like to think the slightly more opened up exhaust should match the map better

I know the guy doing in the states have a couple of levels of coring available but I didn't want an offensively loud pipe or something that could have had a detrimental effect.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Ohh and one of the best bits..Now and again you get nice pops on the over run and you can hear that quickshifter gear change pop

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. MR C .... You are the man... Thanks matey.. Did you have to take the actuator thing off for the exhaust at all whilst fitting your cans back on.. to open the flap like i have seen in the termignoni installation videos by any chance ? ...

5. Because mine has the upmap I removed the servo and cable ages ago as the upmap blanks out the servo. You may have to get servo eliminator to stop a fault showing on the dash. I did leave the flap in place, once you remove the servo and cable the flap defaults to open.

I used a dremel to cut the square as its 1mm stainless I wanted to keep the cuts a small as possible as welding thinner steal can deform the metal.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Thanks matey ... all clear now..:upyeah:

7. Smashed those cats out .. Boy they were hard work .. Just waiting for my welder to stitch them back up £20 quid .. ;) . I used a plasma cutter to cut them open took about 15 minutes ..

Do you require a map .. Did the same as you in pics smashed out cats and cut the tube like in pic.. Map apart from up map that is ?

8. Yes mate that's the job done. I would lock wire those 4 bolts that hold the hangers whilst you can.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. thanks for all your help.

10. Evening all! I've been thinking of getting the exhaust cored on my 2004 749 as Termigoni and similar systems seem to be drug money! I've just bought 2nd hand but look good condition genuine rear silencer(s) from Holland for £49.99 + £9.99 p and p - thought it was good value and prefer to do coring to this in case it all goes horribly Pete Tong? Anyway,rather than an old man cut his hands to bits over Christmas can anyone point me in the right direction for someone who will do a nice tidy job and not take the piss money wise??? Thanks chaps

11. You might want to post this in the 749 section :upyeah:

12. It's a bastard being a crusty! Been riding bikes over 40 years but only tappin keyboards about 7!

13. Must be basically the same procedure whatever the model though? Prob a sweeping statement!

14. Wahay! I have at last found a firm to "Core" my 749 standard exhaust so it will sound more like I think a motorcycle should sound and not like a Toyota Prius!They sound a competent firm and have got some decent testimonies and feedback so watch this space? The cost is £100 plus obviously P n P each way - thought that was a fair price considering the potential cuts and lacerations I would probably inflict on my poor old hands???

15. Currently getting this done on my 1199, did anyone need their fueling adjusted? Especially 1199 owners?

16. I'd imagine it'd be worth getting a custom map ...

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  17. Planning on fitting a RB fuel module but just wondering if it's safe to run without for a bit? Rather be safe & not do that though without proper feedback

18. Bikes are sensitive to ratio changes, air to fuel etc.

Removing the cat will mean the engine will theoretically be breathing better thus messing with the status quo

• Like Like x 1
  19. Ok, thanks, that's my thoughts confirmed. Don't fit until the RB is installed.

Just seen on the 1299forum that a 'normal' core didn't need fueled (i think there are 2 or 3 stages of core), think is i dunno what mine is apart from 'all out'

20. I guess there's a difference between what some people class as needs and what is really a need.

I'd not be messing with things like that without doing it properly personally

Do Not Sell My Personal Information