1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1199 Core Standard Exhaust

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Sharky67, May 18, 2015.

1. I'd be interested in knowing the top speed advantage of de-catting it. Baffles make a 10mph top end difference at Spa on the 1199 and I would expect this to be >5mph gain? @Sam1199S gets an extra ~10mph top end on Portimao straight and a chunk of mid punch on his R with race akro over my R with stock cat'd akro. I'm not 100% certain if he's just reaching that from the extra mid range or an actual top end gain mind.

• Like Like x 1
  2. 10MPH?, well that is interesting! Actually i never thought of it like that. I suppose when i think about it a baffle did rob my ZX6 race bike of 10hp up top & it was only 119.8 at the back wheel without baffles. It revved to 16k but before power tailed off but with the baffle in it started dropping at 13/14k

3. I cored the one on my 1299, simple enough job, sliced it open with a 1mm slitting disk , drilled out the Center of the cat then collapsed it in on itself (insert cursing). Then I Tig,ed it back together by purge welding it, coat of black VHT. Done.
    Made for a smoother ride for sure, my arse dyno tells me it's pulling harder at the top end too.... the real Dyno will tell all.

• Like Like x 2
  4. I've had my 1199 can completely gutted, mate got his 1299 can done too. Everything removed & 2 sections of pipe welded in with a join. 1 section perforated & 1 not, then packed with fibreglass packing.

Can't wait to near it nut need the Rapid Bike module b4 I fit it!

5. This might come across funny! Like everyone here, you can afford to buy a Ducati Panigale to start with? So why not spend the money on a Exhaust for it! Yes their from 3k upwards for a full system but the difference is unreal, sound BHP weight the look! It's like having a Ferrari and letting Halfords work on it!

6. No, not funny, I do see where you're coming from, I'll explain;

I bought my base Panigale at the start of December 2016, I went 1199 as I had been looking at 1098/1198S but after seeing my friends 1299s I liked the look of the Panigale better & the longer service intervals attracted me to it.
    Before I be used to get my cans cored I did do some research & TBH I didn't see the point at throwing £3k at a system that didn't gain much in the way of power, it's just a bit more noise I'm after though I didn't want a huge drop in power, also I'm not going to be able to use 190hp on the road never mind another 5more. Basically if I had another £3k to spend I'd have a 1299, or better still if I went more £ a 1299s or 1199r.

So, cored cans for me it is, & at MOT they're standard stamped too, just need the fuel module now as I believe it's a big improvement.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Please don't use photobucket. Only after a few months they remove images leaving barren threads with no images!

8. Huh ?

9. Yeah that's fair do's. That's 3k more for other upgrades for you!

• Like Like x 1
  10. 2012 1199s just about to nudge 10k miles.
    Full decatted 1299 system
    Sprint Filter
    Rapidbike Evo
    43t Rear

Doesn't really produce any more power, dyno saw 178 RW BHP which should be there or there about 195 at the crank.

But what it does do is smooth out the power delivery and it has lost the jerky horrible low down throttle.

It picks up far better than standard, its low end grunt reminds me of my 999. It will if you want sit at 30 in 4th and still go without bogging down.

On track it shoots out of corners much better and feels more predictable as the 7k jump in is smoothed out. I saw 164 down the main straight at Brno and it still had more to give.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information