1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

749 Crank Breather.

Discussion in '749 / 999' started by RVizela, Jan 25, 2017.

1. Hi all,

Wondering if any one swapped the original PCV valve for a open type valve.
    My 749s is only used for track use so I'm having to clean the valve and the box every now and again, as the return hole in the valve is just not enough. read a few comments here and there about this topic and seems like the thing to do on bikes that are used only for track like mine.
    Trying to find a solution and just trying to get some opinions.

Cheers

Ric

2. IIRC I have only ever seen the "open" breather used in conjunction with an underseat expansion box probably because the stock set up cannot deal with the increased flow. I have the Corse version on my track bike (748 based 853cc) plumbed to a half size under seat expansion box. My only concern with using the open breather with the stock bottle is that you might inundate the air box. Hopefully someone with specific experience will respond soon. Andy

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Thank you Andy...
    It did cross my mind about the the stock box if it will be a issue... let's see if anyone has experience on this.

Ric

4. Hi Sev,
    Yes by what I understood the problem on bikes that are use heavily the oil always comes up but the drain hole that come with the original valve is not enough. If the return is easy then the oil will just go back to the crank.
    The problem is cause it can return easily then starts filling the breather box, past that is fine, the pipe that connects to the air box is dry.

Ric

Do Not Sell My Personal Information