1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crash Bungs Ie

Discussion in 'Supersport (1974-2007)' started by Desmoquattro, Nov 11, 2016.

1. 20161111_202918.jpg Do these look like mounts for R and G crash bungs?

2. It's about the right place... That's where they are on my hyper...

3. Take a long look at crash bungs and where you fit them....

....think about the effect a fairly low slung forward bung would have if the bike flipped over......the reaction would be to smash anything higher on the bike (clip-ons - headstock - tank etc) onto the ground much harder than a slide might.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. My rsv4 went down on the crash bung.... Saved all of the fairing... Cost 30 quid for the replacement bung. However the circumstances of every crash are different...

5. Considering the amount of times bikes get dropped in car parks stationery etc I'd buy them but I just can't stand the look of them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Zaved my z1ooo.... Asshole in the street backed into it and knocked it off the stand...

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

7. Got a new unused Fireblade set on fleabay for £10.50. looked very similar to the SS ones and as they are often just different bolts and mounts with the same bung I took a punt. Fit perfect. Not too ugly either. Had to buy shorter bolts for 3 quid. Bargain all in about 60 quid cheaper than buying new! 20161116_150237.jpg

8. Well, if you want it to look like a skateboard crashed into you......:wink:

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. They're brilliant for low speed shunts or drops

High speed or awkward crashes imo they make things a lot worse

Aka bent frames

10. The fairings have actually been cut slightly to fit them so as per the original pic, it looks better with them on imho

11. Which bike is the fastest, Ian?

12. Carby of course ;)

13. Dont be absurd......

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Carby non standard remember Rich. IE only has aftermarket cans. Noticibly slower however sounds better.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information