1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

996 Cush Drive Replacement?

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by duc996bp, Jan 8, 2017.

1. Is there a recommended period of time or mileage when the Cush Drive rubbers should be replaced?
    My 996 is 18 years old and done 8500 miles, to be honest I haven't noticed a problem from that end.

I'm intending doing a lot more track days this year, so just going through the bike checking, replacing, upgrading as required. Fitting a Renthal carrier soon so will have it in bits then.

Thanks. John

2. No recommended replacement interval mate, they usually wear out and chew into the swing arm, if your fitting a renthal chain carrier that will stop it from happening anyway. If you got it all apart just bang some new ones in there.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Thanks cookster

4. You may also want to consider the Talon rear quick change sprocket carrier, a little neater than the Renthall in my opinion and I picked up several spare sprockets for them via eBay, some being brand new for less than half price. I use them on all my three Ducati's

It also has the thin flange for preventing the cush drive hitting the bearing\adjuster carrier.

If you are stripping that area then a close check should reveal the condition of the cush drive rubbers and any abnormal cracking or softness should see them replaced.

It is a wise precaution to use new sprocket nuts when refitting, especially if considering track use.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Another option is AFAM which also have the small boss to retain the cush drive bushes shown here
    upload_2017-1-9_17-46-1.png

upload_2017-1-9_17-48-10.png

• Thanks Thanks x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information