1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Custom Paint

Discussion in 'Builds & Projects' started by Daddy2coull, Oct 1, 2016.

1. I wasn't sure where to post this and this seemed as good a place as any. I have a 2016 Hypermotard SP and I'm thinking of buying replacement panels from carbon conquest and having them painted up with the panigale tricolore paints scheme with exposed carbon like the R models. I'm just not sure of who to approach for this. I will rule out dream machine as I'd had some wheels painted on my ZX6R and although the paint match to the wildfire orange was excellent the finish was like treacle and some parts remained soft.

I'm in east anglia so would prefer closer to home rather than conducting negotiations over the phone

2. Illusion race paint. Not tried them but had a nice chat on the phone :)

3. Dream Machines did my 848s Corse paintwork and it was faultless.... image.jpeg image.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
  4. i'll give that yours does look very very good and my wheels were done a very long time ago, but they really were very bad.the paint was loaded on far too thick. do i go with someone that i have no experience with or someone i've had a bad experience with. it's a shame car paint shops don't like touching bikes.

i told dream machine also did the recent urban tiger fireblades, i saw one of those in the local honda dealer and a lot of it looked a bit diy. but then i only have the dealers word it was dream machine.

i know back in the day they had a massive reputation. shame they weren't closer

5. To be fair, I have also heard good thinks about illusion race paint (as mentioned above), so give them a go.

6. And then report back please :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    I used Dream on the Pani straight from the crate, no problems and I'm a tad fussy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like Like x 3
  8. mmm i may have to reconsider lol, do they usually have a stand at the nec show?

9. Mark at paint supremacy mTe .. I will never go anywhere else.. A one man national award winner just take a look on his website at the deck of cards he did or the Jonnny Rea rep for Honda..
    Believe me I'm mega fussey and this guy is beyond that.. If he did tats I have them..

These are my hypers bits which he preped and painted..

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

All paint no stickers at all.. The photos don't do it justice mTe believe me...
    Anymore you wish to know you are welcome to pm me anytime..

• Like Like x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information