1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT De-cat Pipe 2016 Multistrada

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Deepingdj, Apr 25, 2016.

1. I figured I'd "do it properly" and rip the actuator out while I had the stock exhaust off. Once I got an hour or so into trying to remove the actuator, there was no turning back. It was a bit deceptive initially. At first I thought I could get at the two bolts holding the actuator bracket to the subframe. Then it was, "...well if I just remove this piece I might get enough room to get the bolts out.." By the end of it, I was determined to get it out just so I could throw it across the yard and beat it with a hammer.
    It would be much quicker the second time around if I just dove right in.

Step 1) remove electronics compartment (allows access to rear exhaust pipe/head connection)
    Step 2) remove rear exhaust primary pipe from cylinder head (allows clearance to remove exhaust actuator bracket)
    Step 3) Disconnect swing arm position sensor linkage from swing arm and remove 2 bolts holding exhaust actuator bracket to subframe (accessible from top with elec. compartment removed.) The front of the bracket just slides into basically a rubber grommet, so once the two bolts are removed you can slide it rearward and then fish it out the top through the elec. compartment. I ended up cutting the cable to the exhaust valve to make everything easier to remove.
    Step 4) with bracket removed from bike, remove 2 screws holding actuator to bracket. destroy actuator however you see fit.
    Step 5) Connect exhaust valve eliminator and reinstall everything

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. Yes. I wasn't planning on swapping the exhaust as I wasn't prepared to pay Termi prices - so did that instead.
    Sounds like it wasn't wasted though, given the issues you've had.
    It's really simple - just pliers to hold the plug and screwdriver to unclip the tab. Job done.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. I took the spring off and fitted a cable tie to allow it to cycle on the last multi, worked perfectly. No need to spend money

• Like Like x 2
  4. Mine is now due Thursday, wouldn't guarantee it though, started off 14th June. then 17th, now 23rd!

Quick question for you lucky guys who already have theirs on.. Im going over to WDW in misano on Saturday afternoon and had convinced myself not to fit it till after, and try to get it remapped ASAP for optimal performance / lowest risk to engine.
    Now I've got my hopes up again that it's hypothetically getting here Thursday, I'm considering getting it on before I go. Do you think the stock map is fuelling the bike optimally enough to not pose any risk of damaging the engine over around 3000 miles of use?

5. Where will you get it mapped ? ..I looked into it, nothing available
    Yes, it's fine, no fuelling issues as far as I'm concerned

6. That's good to hear, how many miles have you put on yours?

Wilf at motorapido seems interested, and rexxter seems to offer some options. I think there's a few dynos around that might be able to do something.
    I've also seen there's a power commander 5 (PCV) for the DVT that a yank has had success with combined with the arrow!

7. Well, plugged in the little gizmo this morning & the bloody light is still on
    Can someone confirm I've unplugged the correct plug & fitted it into the gizmo plug correctly
    It's really pi££ing me off now, I've got a feeling I'm going to have to refit the standard exhaust & pleed ignorance as to why the management light has come on

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Not sure that's the right one. Here's my photo. image.jpeg

9. Mine looks to be connected up exactly the same as yours !?

10. Any links? Be good to see if someone had actually extracted the real power

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. My light came on when the dealer snagged the cable to the valve it needed plugging in to pooter to turn it off.

12. Thanks for the reply
    It looks like my only option is to refit the standard exhaust & take it to the dealer for them to turn the light off, what a right pain in the arse !

13. Just got my shipping notice.

Bike is in Italy though so will be driving it out and fitting there. I've got a socket set, screwdrivers and lots of allen keys. Anything else I'll need tool wise?

14. Today I will be mostly fitting my new Arrow system which finally arrived yesterday, after 3 agonising weeks of waiting.

It's taken so long to arrive that in the meantime we've left the EU, had the PM resign and watched the opposition implode - all while I'm waiting for my new exhaust!

I've heard stories of 40 min fitting, but have allowed 4 hours, to allow time for: cursing, applying plasters to fingers, cursing, looking for the tool I've just put (cursing) down, making a brew, reviewing the instructions to work out why I've got some bits leftover, cursing, final brew, quick "test ride check".

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Hope it's not a pain in the arse for you, like mine has turned out to be.

16. Fitted the Arrow system at the weekend. Took me 1.5 hours at a nice easy pace. Everything fitted together lovely and I'm really pleased with it.

It's plenty loud enough with the baffle in, so I'm avoiding the temptation to take it out for the time being. It's gone from a purring kitten to a full-on Lion on the pull.

Can't believe what a monster the cat is. Glad that's come off.

I've now got to pluck the courage up to phone the insurance and see what random BS they're going to use to extract more money out of me.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Steve m, I just used the same connector as in your picture and it works fine no lights.

• Like Like x 1
  18. I have ordered the works titanium Decat and am waiting patiently. Does anyone have a photo of where the cable is secured after removal of the cat?

19. £100more than it was 6 months ago. Damn

20. The instructions guide you into fastening the cable to the foot peg hanger. I looped mine down and secured to the brake. Will send a photo tomorrow.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information