1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT De-cat Pipe 2016 Multistrada

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Deepingdj, Apr 25, 2016.

1. Thanks, that would be great

2. Took the baffle out of the Arrow today.
    Sounds like a proper bad boy now!

Gonna try a ride with it and see how I get on. :)

3. Was way too loud for me

4. I'm guessing it will be for me too. Got to have a quick try though - just to see. :)

5. Well,

Dis you take it out and if so did your light stay off?

6. Yes, it's currently running with the baffle out. It's bordering on being too loud, but sounds bloody lovely.
    No lights on, so all good. :)

7. NKibble, Did you use an exhaust valve eliminator as well or did you just fit as supplied?

8. I already had the exhaust valve eliminator in place so, yes, I've used one.

The system comes with a steel sleeve you place over the cable to provide resistance. The theory being you squeeze it closed with pliers. God knows how they've treated that sleeve but I reckon King Kong would struggle to squeeze that bastard closed. I certainly struggled!

When's it arriving? You'll love it!!

9. Just posted yesterday so hopefully soon. I think I will order the valve eliminator as well

10. It seems to be a lucky dip as to wether the engine management light comes on or not
    As I've said I rode mine with the baffle in for a good few miles without the light coming on, came back to the house, took the baffle out, revved the engine & the light came on, fitted one of those exhaust valve iliminator gizmos,but the light still staid on, took the bike out of the garage a day or so later, started the engine ....no light !..it hasn't come on since, which I can tell you was & is a big relief !!
    Personally, I wouldn't order the gizmo yet, wait & see if the light comes on, it only takes 5-7 days to arrive from the USA
    Steve

11. Cable tie fellas. Seriosuly thats all you need! Tuck away behind swingarm

12. ITS AWESOME!!! Didn't arrive in time for my trip to WDW16 but got it on now and love it :hearteyes:

I bought the healtech ESE, from Bike HPS, thirty something quid seems pretty good value to stop the risk of the engine management light coming on, especially if you want to take the baffle out, took 5 mins to fit, and got some stickers to add a few extra BHP :innocent:

Will post a before/after/no baffle madness video at some point, maybe sunday for those yet to make up their mind.

• Like Like x 1
  13. If you love it now, you wait til baffle-out. Hubba! Hubba! :)

14. What difference did it make to your insurance cost?

15. My insurance premium has gone down, due to the fact my exhaust system is now considerably lighter, thus making my bike lighter & making my braking stopping distance shorter.

• Funny Funny x 2

16. I have just been offered and have bought a full term at a great secondhand price. Couldn't refuse. I am expecting the Arrow decat to be delivered by Mon/Tues. If not sold it is being posted straight back unopened.

Paul

17. Termi is bloody pig ugly though
    Arrow is lovely

• Like Like x 1
  18. Mine's done

• Like Like x 1
  19. Anybody thinking of getting the MIVV decat which says you can't use panniers. Believe them it's about 4" higher and fouls the foot rest hanger.
    Mines now in a fab shop getting modified to fit with panniers. A lot of hassles. Sounds awesome with the Termi Stubby though....

Do Not Sell My Personal Information