1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT De-cat Pipe 2016 Multistrada

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Deepingdj, Apr 25, 2016.

1. Did you sell the Arrow system, if not I'll have it.

2. Sorry posted about 10 mins before this post

3. Another few weeks and the £ to € will recover and be cheaper again ;)

4. OK cheers

5. I recently moved to a townhouse and was looking for a way to quiet down my Mivv Suono decat, without going back to stock. The dinky exhaust baffle didn't do much, and it was still WAY too loud on cold start at 6am.
    I noticed Mivv only has a couple different muffler part numbers, so I started looking at the schematics for other bikes. I found a baffle for the R1200GS and ordered it up. GS people don't typically like hella loud, so I figured it would be a good starting point, rather than fab up something custom. I installed it yesterday and I love it! The roar is still there, as are the pops and burbles, but it took the edge off enough that I don't think my neighbors will be out with pitchforks on Monday morning. I can't comment on power, as I didn't get a chance to open her up, but I'm sure I lost a few hp. Oh well, I'll trade a couple hp for a great exhaust note. It used to be loud with ear plugs in and I did a quick drive around town without ear plugs and it's a pleasurable volume level.

The R1200GS part is: 50.DK.042.0

Mivv Suono Baffle Comparison.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  6. Hello, I'm french an here is the link to see the installation of my new Arrow Works Titanium on the Multistrada: MULTISTRADA 1200.fr • Connexion .
    The sound is great (I ride with the db-killer in), but is different than my old Ducati 900ss, Hypermotard, and Streetfighter 1098: I don't exactly recognize the "poum-poum" from the Ducati L motor...it doesn't sound with enough bass, it's more high-pitch, like a 3 cylinder ! Is this because there is only one muffler ?

7. Well I have pulled the trigger on an Arrows Titanium Works full system. I will report back when installed.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Arrows full system all installed. But how on earth do you crimp the split pin that goes over the exhaust valve cable? Any suggestions welcome. Usual pliers etc don't touch it.

9. Use side cutters but only at either end.

10. Ho
    How does that fix into the pipe?

11. Thanks for that. It worked perfectly.

12. They both mount the same. The muffler is the same part number for multiple bikes. They just have different baffles. There is nut spot welded to the baffle and then you thread a bolt into it from the underside of the muffler. You can see the threads on the stock baffle (on the left). The the threads on the GS baffle are out of view in that photo.

13. Fitted my Arrow works full system. Install took two hours including changing the air filter for a K&N. Wow, what a difference, sounds great pulls so much harder and I can feel the weight loss.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Only problem with the de-cat as far as I can see, is that the power valve in the original exhaust is done away with (its on the cat on the 2017 bike) so you will have to take off the actuator cable and hope it doesn't cock up the ECU working properly and the airflow readings. I have been looking into this problem and am unsure what the consequences would be to the bikes ridability? There is a FULL Termi system which comes with a new ECU but it costs about £1400. If anyone knows the consequences of just removing the power valve and its actuator cable and fitting the de-cat pipe I would love to know before experimenting on a very expensive bit of kit. Also, just buying the decat will still require buying the end can as the original catalyst Termi end can is a side entry and not just inline straight through (2017 model) My other question on going the decat route is this; is the power valve just for the Euro sound emissions or is it needed to give the motor it's low down torque? Further investigations are needed for me to warrant spending big bucks on the exhaust, but it is something I want to do as I want the big deep Ducati sound track that the sports bikes on track have and a few extra horses wouldn't go amiss either.

15. What year is your bike and did you have to remove the cats power-valve and fit a new ECU or get a remap? An excellent bike the Multi!

16. Nice.
    Any ideas if the emissions will pass the MOT with no cat?

17. Arrows

18. There is no emission checks on motorcycles. They were going to bring it in a few years ago but scrapped it.

19. I packed the slot with a length of tube from a WD40 spray can. Then wrapped the whole with self-annealing tape and tucked it down inside the engine fairing. The tape doubled up as a cushion to stop the cable from rattling around.

20. Hi all,

Recently purchased a MY16 Multistrada S with touring and urban packs.

Looking at exhaust options.

A mate has an Arrow Ti can and decat system which fits with panniers, a K&N air filter, and a Duc-EE exhaust eliminator.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Arrow-W...tistrada-1200-2015-/112607838915?roken=aPFWEM
    https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/K-N-Uni...PANIGALE-R-DU-1112-/252466411665?roken=zRbNch
    http://www.vizi-tec.com/duc-ee/

Has anyone fitted this SC Project Ti can in lieu of the Arrow? They're sold here with a 2 yr warranty and are cheaper than the Arrow locally. Being a touring bike (white/red frame) I'm wanting more V-Twin beat but not intrusive droning over longer distances.
    https://www.sc-project.com/ducati_multistrada_1200_2015_photogallery_oval.htm

Do Not Sell My Personal Information