1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Deep In A Suffolk Workshop ....project 796

Discussion in 'Builds & Projects' started by Noods, Oct 6, 2016.

1. It fulfills my Ducati pleasure :)
    But I'm with you in the black and gold

• Like Like x 2
  2. Project "N" latest..

The BIG blasting box arrived yesterday and I've now assembled it, well actually I've assembled it 3 times now.. Assm 1 all went well only to find I'd fitted nuts and bolts X 30 which were actually needed elsewhere, I should have used the shorter X 30 bolts.. Re Assm and realised it would be benificial to apply a clear mastic on the threads to help avoid media escaping.. So Assm again and happy this time.. Went to local Hoover repair shop to get a step down joint to connect my Numatic twin motor ind vacume to the outlet on the box.. " we can order you one, £74 + vat " i will let you know I said.. Got home had a rummage made a connector from SS in mins self tappers and a little plastic glue.. Perfect..

Couple of before and after pics below.. Used Ali oxide media.. Run at 90psi with dust extraction.. My engine casing went in easily with room to spare.. ( all bearings are being replaced by the way) and it will also be vapour blasted too..

Before ..

image.jpeg

And soon after..

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Thoroughly enjoy doing this type of work.. Now it's dust free too.. Piped outside my workshop into the vac which is in a purpose built sound proofed mini outbuilding.. Just want to plum the compressor outside now too just to reduce the noise a bit.. Media auto recycles until it's knacked.. Glad I purchased the ind sized cabinet now.. X

• Like Like x 4
  3. Looking awesome. Let's get a picture of the beast.

4. Looks good I want to run my fingers over it

5. Behave yourself!!! [emoji12]

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Viv.. You can run your fingers over any of my parts, and at anytime, you may so wish to do so... X

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  7. I'll send you some bits....oh and a burnt pan...:p

#48 Nelson, Oct 11, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  8. I've a video of it running but just can't get it to upload on here? Washing machines.. No problems there..

9. Anytime my friend ... X

10. Load it on YouTube and post a link.

11. :Kiss::Kiss::Kiss:

12. Lol, I can't wait, please share the PSP story

13. I will get it on here later today.. X

• Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Ok, I need one of them.

16. All in all cost me about A grand I guess.. Need a big compressor to be able to keep it running at 90psi.. Ind vac is good too and retractable air line.. X

17. A little update on my Project Build..

image.jpeg
    A few more parts Ali oxide blasted in my workshop.. Had a few issues with moisture building up in the air line even though I had a water trap between the compressor and line, now I've fitted another trap before the gun and it's a huge improvement ..

The camshaft cover is part cleaned to show the before and after effect..

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information