1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Classic Desert Sled

Discussion in 'Scrambler' started by cookster, Nov 14, 2016.

1. i think this looks cool as fook !!
    [​IMG]

#1 cookster, Nov 14, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 10
    • Like Like x 4
  2. Not really a fan of the whole scrambler platform although ive gotta say my mate has just sent me some pics of his almost finished cafe racer conversion which i reckon looks better than the official one. I wont steal his thunder and post them but it does look good.

3. just looks like a proper scrambler now. :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. I suppose but id have a KTM500exc any day of the week....

5. much more off-road focus with that, function over "lifestyle statement".

what is the pricing of the sled? a quick look on autotrader shows approx £8k for the KTM.

personally, like the looks of the sled as a road bike, with mild off-road ability, but sure the KTM would muller it in any genuine off-road riding.

ktm500exc.jpg

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. 'bout 9.5K :(

• WTF WTF x 2
  7. Bloody hell - 9.5k! then thats a definite no...i would have pitched that at 7k at the very most....

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Yeah - without going off topic ive got a bit of a soft spot for small capacity KTM's....this is my supermoto conversion....
    IMG_20151206_145934.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  9. Its definately aimed at the well heeled hipster id say...

10. Might see a couple in Bristol then, the hipster is thriving here.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Yep - went in to sainsburys last week in Brislington to see yer average hipster with a beard thats had a lot more time spent on it than his piece of shit hacked-to-buggery honda CB that was parked up right outside the front door...

12. Is it for show or can you actually use this off-road/green laning? I'm weary about spending 9.5k when I've come off a few times off-road.

13. It looks capable of going off road but as said for £9500 could be rather expensive if crashed.

14. Let common sense prevail

15. Let's face it.........The nearest these bikes will get to a desert is a fish and chip shop near Southport beach :p

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. Other half really likes this incarnation. The seat looks far too tall for me, it does remind me of the Yamaha SR500 Melve used to own.

17. Look at the bash guard, not the first thing that will hit, that will be the cylinder head and exhaust manifold.... not ideal. I would say very light off road and smooth logging roads through forests and that's about it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Ooh, you cynic :tongueclosed:

19. looks good, but scrambler is a 2/3rds size bike meaning it looks a bit toy like when a six footer like me is on it. I think the scrambler classic looks fun, but this may just look like a KX80 with the rider on. Any pics from show anyone?

20. Yeah looks so good. If off-road I think I'd be going through ruts at half or probably quarter speed I'd be going usually. Why do Ducati do this, it's a mind fcuk.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information