1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT Diablo Rosso 3 On Multistrada?

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Asgun, Feb 19, 2017.

1. Hello everyone.
    I had 2013 MTS 1200S with Pirelli Scorpion Trail I, that was OK but not very good.
    I had BMW S1000XR with Pirelli Diablo Rosso II, that was very good, especially cornering performance was superb.
    Now I have MTS 1200S DVT with Pirelli Scorpion Trail II, It is very good at especially wet grip. But it is not as sporty as Rosso II which I had on my S1000XR.

Has anybody tried Rosso II or Rosso III on the MTS 1200?
    Do you recommend Rosso series? Is it compatible with Multistradas?

When I was riding S1000XR with Rosso II's, bike wasn't pulling right or left when I was passing little hills (hills that parallel to direction) on tarmac. But with both Multistradas I've owned, bikes were pulling right or left very easily on a bad broken tarmac, that made me almost drop the bike especially filtering at slow speeds.
    Is it relevant to tyres or is it because of the Multistrada's (both 2013 and 2016) balance itself?

2. Ll
    I've al
    Until I got my '10 MTS1200S, I'd only used Diablos of various kinds since 1999. In short, I love the progressive turn-in, predictable breakaway and dry weather grip of the Diablo - the Rossos on my ST4s are just great and typically last me about 4500 miles (7200km). So, when the OEM Scorpions on the Multi wore out, I put a set of Diablo Rosso Corsas on. Bit of a mistake: they were absolutely finished in 2300 miles, and that was without any track days. As I now live in the Scottish Highlands, I also noticed that they took a long, long time to warm up - depending on where you live, that may not be an issue. Switching to the Michelins, the slight trade off in dry weather feel was more than compensated for by rapid warm-up and stupendous levels of wet grip. I also went back to getting 4500 miles out of a rear. I'm now on my second set of PR4s and am getting 5500 out of a rear, with even better grip and feel. Worn Pirellis I've found tend to track more over broken surfaces than Michelins - both are fine when in good nick. HTH…

3. My mate has rosso III's on his dorso 1200 (big heavy supermoto type bike) he loves'em....just thought id say.

4. Welcome to the forum. In my opinion, you need to look at what sort of riding you intend doing, tarmac road only, soft road or for the more adventurous off road or a mix. I for one only use my Multistrada on road so I use super sports tyres. Today, all the main manufacturers make a reputable tyre and it is personal preference to which you choose. The Rosso III is a very good tyre but if you don't like it, you only have to put up with it for a few 1000s of miles. Good luck. Andy

#4 Android853sp, Feb 19, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2017
  5. I'm off Pirelli road tyres as the go 2000 miles left to bald in about 100 miles. Been caught out quite a few times. Stick to PR4s now :)

But love s supercorsa on track :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Pirellis were lasting about 1500miles on my s1r. Grip was superb but wear rate far too fast for road use. Cant imagine them lasting well on the Multistrada.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Diablos: left Heidelberg in the morning on completely healthy looking tyres, arrived in Surrey that afternoon on the cords :(

+1 for SC1s in warm dry conditions though - but would never put them on a Multi.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Try them on a trackday...awesome :upyeah:

9. They don't...

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. I'm using ContiSportAttack 3 and amazingly sportive feeling. 80 mountain/ 20 highway and always with pillion. 2500 km and a few remaining.
    L's

11. Unless you guys get different model names the SC1 I wouldn't run in the street anyway, they needs warmers to even work, its a track/race tire, a Super Corsa SP is a little more forgiving, but yeah, I kill those in about 2-3000km. Rosso IIIs are supposed to be a gap between Diablos and Angel -GTs....a fairly agressive street tire with trackday capability.

That being said, I just yanked the Angle -GTs off my Super Duke and threw them on the Multi and replaced the -GTs with Rosso IIIs on the Super Duke, I only have 700-800km on the Rosso IIIs thus far but they are surprisingly good in cold/wet, my SDR has 170rwhp and I scuffed them in in 3-4* snowmelt without any undue sliding or standing all over the traction control, I went maybe 50-60km before I started bringing the pace up and letting it lean. I can't speak to durability, but a Super Duke R isn't that much lighter than a Multistrada S (I think a 470 pound curb weight) and a lot more powerful.

Angle GTs I highly recommend, there is even a -D spec that is designed specifically for the Multistrada, whether or not its better or worse than the standard I don't know. But I really like the Angel -GT I have had 3 sets of them on my KTM, I normally alternate, Super Corsa SPs for teh summer, and Angel-GTs for the rest of the year.

I am experimenting with the Rosso III to see if it can be a all year tire since I no longer have to 2up on the Super Duke.

12. M7RR on my multi, love them

Do Not Sell My Personal Information