1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 Diy Service Reminder Resets, Mileage Adjustment And More

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by AndyW, Jul 18, 2014.

1. Hi Chris,
    Wont let me send a Pm.
    I have a small collection of Ducatis, Im looking for a diagnostic tool, to use on 999, 1098, 1199, 749.
    I'm quite happy to pay for you to buy a hudl, pre program it and pay for the various connectors you would have to make?
    Thanks

2. For the 999, 1098 and 749 you need JPDiag. This is PC based and the leads cost under £15 off ebay. Everything you need to know is in this post Free Diagnostic Software | Ducati Forum

Have not got Multitoollite to work with an 1199 to date. Hopefully will have access to one later this month. Not seen any posts from anyone having success with bikes other than the Multistrada.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. with the jpdiag can this be run from a tablet ie the hudl? can you set all this up for as a kit ready to go?

• Like Like x 1
  4. maybe another device you recommend might work, or I'm quite happy to use the hudl for the time being If you can tell me a complete kit price, ready to plug and play and ill make arrangements with you?
    Thanks for your help

5. Not interested in putting a kit together. It is cheaper for you to do it.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Has anyone been able to get the beta version of the app.
    Sent an email but no response yet.
    Can you confirm cont6act details, used ones on the pdf for the instructions?

7. Anyone know of any iphone-based app?

8. I have. Communication was a bit slow but got it in the end.

9. Wit does appear to go offline for periods of time.........lots of users of his app :D
    witcieslikATgmailDOTcom

10. I'm a committed Mac user, no PC's or Androids in the house. Anyone in the Surrey area who would be prepared to come and reset my milage after clock replacement and also re-set service reminders?

Happy to supply petrol money, and sustenance (and beer)...?

11. Resetting the service indicators is quick but winding the mileage on is not... Max 500 miles per hour if everything goes perfectly which it usually doesn't (Bluetooth disconnection, battery drain etc.). Depending on how many miles you need to wind on it could be a big ask of someone! I had about 6000 miles to do and I did it intermittently over a week or so.

12. Wow I didn't realise, I thought you could just reset them. I've got to add about 15,000 miles, strong temptation not to, but the service record would pick this up when I sold the bike, and of course this would be illegal!

I think these guys offer a service for what I need, how easy is it to remove the clocks?

Scorpio Electronics - Electronic Services

#77 Twin4me, Dec 12, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2014
  13. Very easy to remove.
    disconnect battery, remove screen, undo three nuts (a bit fiddly) and disconnect connector on back of them.

14. This was the reply I got from Scorpio:
    "We can 'repair' your clocks but Ducati in their wisdom have made your model clocks un-openable! They have glued the 2 halves of the casing together so getting in to them without damaging them is impossible. The only way we can get to 'repair' the mileage on your clock is by cutting a 1" hole in the back so we can attach wires and reprogram the memory chip within and then we can seal up the hole with hot-melt glue."

Do Not Sell My Personal Information