1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 Diy Service Reminder Resets, Mileage Adjustment And More

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by AndyW, Jul 18, 2014.

1. After a quote of £180 for an oil and filter change, I've bought the Bluetooth gizmo and cable, and have asked to be put on the list for the software, how long does it normally take to get added please? been a few days now.

2. Wit does appear to go incommunicado occasionally......I've emailed him asking for an update and pointing him here also :D

3. Tnx Andy, fingers x

4. Heard back from Wit..........up to his eyes with the day job and so Multitool is on the back burner for the moment.

Still has plans for updates....next due is to remove the ‘smart part’ that tries to identify your bike and year model, as this is the bit that’s failing, and instead make the user select bike and year model when the app starts.

I've asked him to review the Google Group pending applications and suggested he nominate an 'admin' to at least keep on top of this.

5. Thanks dude your a star.

6. Hi, always done my own servicing on all my bikes (once they're out of warranty) so wanted to ask you how & who do ask to be put on the list for the software? and is this the cable and BT connector gizmo that you bought & did you have any success with using it
    Bluetooth ELM327 MultiTool Lite Ducati Multistrada Oil Service Reset
    Many thanks & any advice or tips on the whole resetting of service warning would be appreciated.

7. Well finally got invited to the group, only problem I have now is when I go to download the app it says I'm not authorised to download the app, please make sure your signed in with the same name you registered with. But I'm getting closer.

8. Can you keep this thread updated on your progress with the App & if you succeed in using it with the BTooth cable & connector to reset the service reminder.
    My application to be able to download the App is still pending & I'll wait until I hear more before buying the cable.
    cheers:thumbsup:

9. The app certainly worked on my 2012 Mutley. I used it to wind forward the mileage having had a warranty dash replacement. Bit clunky but it did the job. I sold the cable/dongle on here as I didn't envisage any further use for it.

#89 big_kitch, Apr 3, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  10. I have been using it for a couple of years. It works but be aware that it doesn't work with every Android device. It works fine on my old Samsung S2 but doesn't work on the Huawei P8 that I replaced it with. Nor does it work on my Lenovo tablet. All it does is throw up a load of Java errors.

11. Application still pending & if I do get to download it lets hope it works with a Motorola Moto 4 as I've no other alternatives to try!

12. Don't suppose anyone near Reading/Basingstoke would be able to re set my oil service-happy to travel and ensure you can have a few beers

13. No reply or response to my application to join the Multitool group & be able to download the app so I guess I'm going to be in the same position as yourself in another 500 miles.
    Has anyone had any success recently with downloading the app or is it now no longer available? I've tried contacting the owner of the group but had no response.

14. You need to be added to the Google group to be able to download the app. I got it a couple of years ago.

15. Yes I have asked to be added to the google group & have contacted the "owner" with a message asking to be considered for access to the app but haven't got anywhere yet

16. PM me your email and I'll send you a copy of the app.

17. Any chance you can add me to that email he's accepted me as part of the group but when I go to download the app it says I'm not allowed access to this file and to log in with the user name I use to registere to the group.

18. Of course. PM me your email.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  19. Hmmm no android device for me - guess I will live with the light on :triumph:

20. Thanks have PM'd you

Do Not Sell My Personal Information