1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT Dropped Front Forks

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by MaDProFF, Mar 17, 2017.

1. I just wondered if anyone has lowered the top yoke through the front forks a little on a 1200S DVT?
    (I hope you know what I mean)
    Would it give it a little more stability at higher speeds and under harder acceleration?

Thoughts please

2. Dropping forks makes the steering angle steeper, which generally makes the steering quicker and less stable.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. +1

4. When I purchased my bike it was lowered in this manner. The rear shock was backed off preload as well. I had no problems with it but returned to stock.

5. +2

You will notice it dramatically when you're on the brakes right before turning into a corner. Personally I wouldn't touch it as the Multi doesn't exactly turn in slowly.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. The reduced preload will have cancelled out the effect of the steeper steering angle, essentially lowering the whole ride height once you're sat on the bike but at the expense of introducing more sag in the rear end and loosing some rear suspension travel. In that situation you'd want a bit more damping to slow down the rate of compression so you're less prone to bottoming out the suspension over larger bumps. It's a bit of a compromise and not something I'd recommend unless ride height was that much of an issue.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information