1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1000 Ds Starting & Stalling Issues

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by doug_mk3, Mar 15, 2017.

1. Some people change their relays every year or two as a matter of course, treating them as a consumable - they're only a few quid.

2. 60 quid for the starter relay for the hypermotard ( i presume thats the one we're talking about)

3. Not starter relay, the minature relay by the battery..

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. In the grand scheme of things that is fairly significant as that is the sort of mileage they suffer from valve guide wear, check hydrocarbon readings and i bet they are through the roof :eek:

5. Update...

Tonight I took the throttle bodies off, front one was completely coked up, so I've cleaned this along with the connections for the stepper motor, and all ancillaries down there.

Bike started on 2nd click, runs smooth but again wouldn't restart after this. Front exhaust valve was 0.04 (haven't checked inlet valve yet) and I've done a work-top throttle balance to see if they were out, which has about 2mm difference on opening.

Guesses being still a balance needed, thoughts on valves?

Also worth mentioning it has a termi slip on and k&n filter.. what airmixes would people advise? Currently running 2 turns out on the screw.

Cheers, Doug

Do Not Sell My Personal Information