1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ducati’s Official 2015 Line Up Get Pre-season Testing Underway

Discussion in 'Front Page Articles' started by mattmccabebrown, Nov 12, 2014.

1. Dovi and Iannone

The 2015 pre-season got underway officially for the Ducati Team, with Dovizioso and his new teammate Iannone testing their Desmosedici GP14.2 machines.
    Both riders carried out chassis testing and were able to accumulate some useful information for the development of the new Desmosedici GP15, which will make its debut next year. The two factory riders concluded their testing at Valencia on Monday, while Michele Pirro, test-rider for the Ducati Test Team, will continue his workload as scheduled for the next two days.
    Iannone completed 39 laps on his first outing in Ducati Team colours, setting a quickest time of 1’31.465 and finishing the day in fifth place. Dovizioso managed to do 46 laps with a best time of 1’31.644, seventh overall, while Michele Pirro finished in ninth position after setting a best time of 1’32.054 over 37 laps.
    Andrea Iannone
    “I am very happy because my first day as factory Ducati Team rider has finally arrived! I began to work with my new team and, even though we didn’t make any big changes from our race weekend, we were able to verify a number of different chassis solutions and understand what we need to do for the future. At the end of the month we will be testing again at Jerez and then I hope to spend a nice winter and get into perfect form for the new year!”
    Andrea Dovizioso
    “We tested a few things with the chassis that we were not yet able to test on the Desmosedici GP14.2, and this work will all be useful as experience for next year. The times are not to be taken as a benchmark but all things considered we went quite well.”

Read the whole post here.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information