1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ducati 1098 Stock Exhaust Bungs?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Andy R, Mar 19, 2017.

1. Just a quick question as I prepare my bike for MOT. The technical inspection here is mostly just trying to spot aftermarket stuff that doesn't have the E-cerfitication, so they can fail you and make you pay twice. Thus, I need to remove the lovely Termignoni system and replace it with the less exciting stock pipe before even trying to pass the MOT.

However, when I finally got the stock exhaust from the previous owner I noticed there are holes in the exhaust. Two of these, which have the bigger diameter, are for Lambdas(?) But I have no idea about the two smaller ones. Does somebody what these are and what kind of a thread they have? Does somebody sell plugs for these?

IMG_20170319_185327.jpg

IMG_20170319_185411.jpg

2. Exhaust gas take off points for diagnostics. Should have bungs in.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Thanks! I figured it had something to do with engine tuning.
    Don't have the bungs, they were removed from the pipe. Any idea on the threads?

4. A 1/4" BSP blanking plug should fit

• Like Like x 1
  5. There should be two in the Termi pipe work.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Huh, that would be pretty convinient! I'll definitely check that. I just assumed that since the Termis don't even have an O2-sensor, that it wouldn't have any. If it doesn't, I'll probably get a couple of 1/4'' BSP plugs and go from there.

7. I ordered two for my 996 /1098 mongrel as they are a very odd thread to match up with the tons of screws I have in boxes. Turned out they are M10x0.75.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Thank you! This is exactly what I was looking for. Saves me a ton of work buying millions of nuts and bolt and seeing what fits.

9. Only a few quid each, plus a 10mm copper washer on each.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Bung part number is
    78010071A

• Like Like x 1
  11. Excellent! Seems like it is easier to find a generic plug than the geniuine part:astonished:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information