1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ducati 2016 World Première Chat Thread

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Rob, Oct 30, 2015.

1. Ducati will announce all new 2016 models starting at 3pm UK, 16th November. The day before EICMA 2015 opens its doors to the press.

Ducati Live Feed - 2016 World Première | Ducati Forum - Click to watch live from 3pm UK Monday November 16th

Claudio Domenicali, Ducati’s CEO, made to “deliver no less than nine new models” in the 2016 range, as the Italian manufacturer builds on its growth of more than 20 percent in 2015 and set new records for 2016.

Here's the rumours:
    • Monster 1200R was unveiled at Frankfurt, the first confirmed model.
    • Panigale 959 with a 955cc engine to replace current 899.
    • Hypermotard, Hypermotard SP and Hyperstrada will go from 821cc to 937cc and will likely carry 939 name tag.
    • Belt driven Diavel Cruiser
    Here's the guesses:
    • Scrambler has been a huge success. Will we see any more models?
    • Smaller Multistrada?
    • 1100evo engined Scrambler?
    • Panigalle 299 or 399?
    So, what else have we heard? If you've any sneaky news let me know and I will keep this thread updated.

#1 Rob, Oct 30, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2015
  2. Here's the teaser videos:

3. New belt driven Drivel :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Think there is a new diavel in there :)

5. phew , I thought this was another VR MM thread.
    AKA
    Ducati 2016 World Première Cheat Thread

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. 1100evo engined Scrambler?

7. Scrambler 400

New Diavel Touring

Panigalle 299 or 399 :flushed:

8. Diavel x belt driven cruise (aimed at the septics)
    400 scrambler (hopefully no more yellow ones)
    959 pani with wonky exhaust thing at the back (gets over euro 4 emissions)
    2017 will see the 1299 lose it's exhaust valve and have a Catering van exhaust bolted on.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. I reckon a sportclassic, retro something to compete with Thruxton and R9T, and an 821 Supersport/
    Superlight. They need something under £10k - prices are just getting silly, £15k for a flipping Monster.

The new Diavel Carbon is updated on the Ducati website...

10. I'm hearing revised Multistrada....

959 with side Exhaust for Euro4 compliance

11. Pics on twitter of 400 scrambler. V2.

12. No large Streetfighter - the report in Perf Bikes comment from Ducati: the 1200R Monster replaces the Streetfighter - strange comment though. Good news to current Streetfighter values :cool:

13. Only 15K for a Monster 1200R - 28K for a Harley Electra-Glide CVO...

14. Scrambler 400 will be for the Asian market only; their engine size rules are different and there's a massive market for sub 400cc bikes due to various licence restrictions (specifically Japan) so the current Scrambler doesn't sell well there. These will be built in the Thailand factory and I doubt they'll come here.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. So essentially some tweaks to what they already have.

Nothing to get wildly excited about then.

16. Wouldn't be so sure about that :)

17. Scrambler 400

image.png

18. Built in Thailand for sure. Ducati might offer them here/Europe but I doubt they'll sell that well compared to the 803cc. Yes they'll do well for a 33hp test machine, but once you're done...

19. How much cheaper can it be for a factory to manufacture a 400 model than an 800, if they are both desmo V twins? Which parts are going to cost less? OK, barrels and pistons obviously, but what else? Yet the retail price will have to be quite a lot cheaper if they are to attract customers, and the basic 800 Scrambler is pretty cheap to start with.

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information