1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ducati 748 Prices

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by sandy, Feb 26, 2017.

1. hi all just wondering what kind of 748 £5000 would get me,im looking for one in yellow,low miles belts rockers replaced etc...do you think that's a possibility with my budget..

2. Plenty for a late model, might even stretch to an 's'. Andy

3. Thread moved

4. Welcome Sandy - as above, hold out for an S for that money. Some silly prices on Ebay at the moment but sensibly priced ones come up for sale too. Welcome to the Forum :upyeah:

5. Belts or bikes?

6. yea there 2 on ebay low miles yellow basic models for nearly 6grand..i guess I will just have to be patient..offshore at moment so will start looking when I get home I really want one :)

7. Keep checking auto trader, mcn, Car & Classic too :upyeah:

8. ha doing that every day not that many about got couple other bikes just need the ducati and I be very happy :)

9. Hang on something will turn up and don't just buy the first one you see wait for right bike . They are a great bike I have mine 13 years now bought it new in 2004 and in the best colours :grimacing: Good luck

10. Sold my low mileage, 1997 748BP for £5,000 in late 2002.

Guess prices have hit bottom and are climbing back. Wish I could have kept all the Ducati's I have owned, they would be worth a small fortune now.

Good luck with hunting one down.

11. think it's getting quite hard to find tidy ones for the 3-4k that you could have a year or 2 ago but 5k should see you get a very nice bike. Just a bit of a waiting game

12. It's not impossible to also look at getting a 748SP or maybe an SPS if you find a buyer who say wants a quick sale etc. You will always get a good return on these two models.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. I agree with red998 above , go for a sp or sps

14. yea its a waiting game I guess for the right bike to come up for sale in yellow :)

15. If you go for an 748SP or SPS they were only made in Yellow, the harder part is finding a good one. A couple were sold on here last year and I think both went for under £5,000.

I have a 1999 748SPS, one of only 20 genuine UK models sold right at the end of production and with full provenance. For that I would be looking for £5,000 at the moment, but it is definitely not for sale. Although that should give you an idea of a ballpark figure to look to spend.

• Like Like x 1
  16. cheers red998 yea 5grand is my budget can push up to 5 and a half if right bike comes along come on folks sell me your bike so I can see for my self what owning and rideing a 748 is really like :) :)

17. If you ride an SP, SPS or even an R you will find it quite different to riding a stock 748. You may want to ride a few prospective bikes to see how they compare when the time comes.

• Like Like x 1
  18. I live on isle of lewis plenty of bikes but only one 748 had look round it etc and the guy who owns it is putting it back on road so when I get home he said I can take it for a shot..its a standard 748.. you into your bike rallys? check out the midge biters rally facebook page...that was our first bike rally we had up on the islands was great weekend happening again in june all welcome to come up :)

19. Yep, should be able to get a 748 mint for that money, my mate has a late R model and they are totally different to ride, pigs in town but so smooth out on the road, honestly the R is phenomenal but prices are likely to be more like £6-6500 and cambelts every year

• Like Like x 1
  20. yea a mint one is what Im looking for prob not an R but not really bothered as long as been looked after etc

Do Not Sell My Personal Information