1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1199 Ducati 899 - 959 - 1199 - 1299 Modifications - What Have You Done To Yours?

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Rob Jarvis, Jun 30, 2015.

1. Had one on my 1199 - was ok.

What would you recommend instead, not looking for Carbon (as there's none on the bike)

2. Evotech

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Bruudt or Evotech are a lot better quality add look better than the rg item,just my opinion.

4. Bruudt was my choice

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Does it have a quick release (for track)?

6. Thanks.

7. No it doesn't have QR. But it's really nice quality so worth considering over Evo tech and R&G. It's not bad to fit either compared to some others I've seen

8. Hi, decals look great can I ask where you got them?

9. Has anyone seen how much weight they can strip out of a 1299?

Don't want to go bonkers so thinking;

- Lightweight Battery
    - Magnesium or Carbon Wheels
    - Lighter subframe (any suggestions??)
    - Have a large dump...

10. Don't put any fuel in...

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Anything else, helium in the tyres?...

12. Don't sit on it...

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. I've had a bit of a nightmare doing stuff on my bike! the bar ends have so much lock tight on them that only one came off, the other moved the clamp and then tried to round off a T60 Torx bit before moving so I gave up! so couldn't change my grips... I also had to borrow a massive torque bar from my mate as the garage have done the rear wheel up WAY over tight! anyway today I fitted a +1 rear sprocket which is about all I can do with the standard chain, the +2 that @simmytt kindly gave me was just too tight with my chain so I'll try a +1 and see if it offers a little improvement.

I also have a Ohlins steering damper on the way which i think is probably totally unnecessary but cockpit bling none the less! I just have to figure out now why my bike is leaking coolant..... :-(

IMG_2769.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  14. I put an ohlins on mine also - didint really think it was necessary but nice bling and the adjustability is useful.

I fitted a +1 rear sprocket on my 959 (now same size as OEM 899 sprocket) and doubt I could go any bigger on the standard chain without turning the adjuster blocks the other way round - the 959 has the adjuster blocks the opposite way to the 899. I think the gearbox ratios are different to the 899 though to make the hearing the same effectively.

Going +1 on the rear did make it a bit better in the road so you should see a bit off an improvement especially at low speeds/town riding.

15. Well given the SL is c 158kg no fluids, and std is what 170kg dry? Not that much probably, and most in the can and battery (if its a std size 4kg jobbie)

16. Cheers Bradders, the battery and wheels are likeliest options - keeping exhaust standard as I want to be able to track it. Unless anyone has figured out how to get an Akrapovic past the Silverstone noise Police.

17. Thanks, the stuff I read in the manual suggested that the chain blocks can be used either way around, which is pretty good. I'm glad that the +1 feels a bit different, shame I couldn't get the +2 to fit tbh as that would have been more noticeable I think.

Next job is probably try to save up for some carbon BST wheels, might take a while!...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. looking at your photo the blocks are already on the opposite way round, so i think you will be maxed out. +1 did make a difference though so sure you will see a difference.

I was thinking about some BST or OZ wheels. Just had a tax rebait too!

was going to pull the trigger on some then thought i can buy a used trials bike or a decent deposit on a new R nine T for that much...

wonder if anyone would do a group but on wheels?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information