1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ducati 916 winter spruce up.

Discussion in 'Builds & Projects' started by Haydn, Feb 2, 2014.

1. Can't see the new one working as the straight shank looks different also, going by the photo.

2. brembo dealer?

3. Try a KTM dealer as they sell individual Brembo brake parts. Ducati only sell a very limited number of items due to their agreement regarding the sale of Brembo spares.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Thanks for the replies, managed to get one through Moto Rapido, those guys are top class everytime.

For anyone who is interested, I "think" I have managed to match the 90's factory anodised look with paint. Originally I thought it was just natural anodising but its more of a whitey grey. Anyway heres a pic.
    Tried a few paints and this is the closest.
    Concept Rapide Wheel Silver, then a Matt Lacquer to dull the metallic down.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#44 Haydn, Jan 15, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2015
    • Like Like x 3
  5. All the parts finally came back from the platers so a few weeks ago I cracked on and got her back together.

Swingarm painted and replacement sticker
    New hub installed
    Rear disc and caliper back on with braided line
    New chain and sprockets fitted
    New cush drives
    Side stand painted
    Marchesini's and new rubber
    New front discs and pads
    All the re plated parts fitted.

I'm picking the bodywork up from the painters tomorrow and apart from a decent set of black mirrors and a carbon front mudguard, its complete. Once the bodywork is back on i'll take some decent pictures

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#45 Haydn, Apr 7, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2015
    • Like Like x 8
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. "Winter spruce up"?! You're having a laugh... That's going to look amazing!! Can't wait to see it. :)

• Wipe Wipe x 1
  7. Some nice work but let down by the little touches, like the bottom of the fork legs. I'm sure with more pics I'd be equally critical. You often find this though, people aren't really able to see everything, see how it all should be finished...

Personally I'd also be unhappy with the engine casings, but I know how hard they are to sort too.

Sorry as it really does look great, but I think with a bit more effort it could be exceptional.

8. Weeksy,

I completely agree, I bought the bike with my heart and not my head and it was never quite good enough. The bike has been completed in stages, the more bits i improve, the more bits need doing. There are more bits than what you can see on the photos tbh. Ideally the engine needs to come out and the frame needs re-painting but it will never end. I've done this all before with a Mk2 golf and restored it to concourse condition, but I do like to use them once finished. I had to sell the golf because it was unusable and I really do not want to do the same with this.

The engine is clean but not mint, once the fairings are on most of the parts visible are pretty good.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. It's a horribly horribly hard place to be... it's also next to impossible to get 'right'... The massive problem with cleaning a bike is that you end up spotting every single spec of dirt, it's just 'there' then... and freaks you out.

I should never buy used bikes as they traumatise me... but I can't afford new ones lol

10. Haha i used to be like that but not anymore. I remember getting caught in the wet with my brand new 848 Evo. I was gutted. Ive got a new street triple R now, A quick coat of ACF50 and i use it all the time. I change bikes quite often, they are always mint and pretty low mileage but the last time I changed the dealer didnt even look at the bike when they valued it so im giving the triumph a hard life. If it rolls in back to the dealers without smoking ill be surprised lol.

11. Put her out in the sun for a bit to harden the fresh paint and couldn't resist taking a few pictures. Still waiting for screen screws and tail mesh then she's done.

DSC_0119.JPG

DSC_0115.JPG

DSC_0117.JPG

DSC_0128.JPG

DSC_0133.JPG

DSC_0137.JPG

DSC_0138.JPG

DSC_0140.jpg

DSC_0114.JPG

DSC_0111.jpg

#52 Haydn, Apr 14, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2015
    • Like Like x 13
  12. Good job.:upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Very nice... :upyeah:

• Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  14. stunning , well done

15. Very nice job mate :upyeah:

16. those pictures reminds me again what a good looking bike the 916 still is after all those years.
    well done.

henk!!!

17. What handlebar grips are they?

18. That is sweet! I really do need to get my 996 rebuilt.

19. #60 Haydn, Apr 15, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2015
Do Not Sell My Personal Information