1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

916 Ducati 916sps Fogarty Rep

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by Moto Technica, Jan 28, 2015.

1. antonye...do you now anywhere I could find out a bit more about this ingot/press release...spent a fair bit of time on the net with no joy...bit before the computer generation maybe

2. I tried to find the supplement but couldn't so I've probably thrown it out now.
    It was a 1kg silver ingot in a velvet presentation box. The silver alone would be worth about £450 on the market today!
    If you're that desperate, try someone at MCN as they may know who it was.

3. Thanks for your help antonye

4. Mine is #135 frame #1720 engine #1862.

If anyone out there has any bits they prepared to part with please let me know. Mine is missing the paddock stand and key ring. Cheers

5. Hi All,

Thank you for all your input on this for me.

I have a full list now of the start VIN and end VIN range for the foggy reps but, as I stated previously, I don't have the corresponding top yoke number to vin number.
    I have found around 20 out of the 202 bikes so far. (I can list tomorrow if required?)

I no a few of these bikes were raced and no longer around, and a couple written off on the road.

Every man needs a hobby and this has been very interesting.. wish Ducati kept a list which would of been a lot easier lol.

Thanks guys

6. Jack Gratton has a Foggy in his collection.

7. I know his complete collection was for sale.
    Did it sell?

Henk!!!

8. No mate nothing like that mine has not been used for years I brought it for a piece of art as it is and its sits in the living room

• Like Like x 1
  9. The frame was different so they could use a bigger airbox, called the Kylami frame as it was introduced at that race.

10. I have #162 - owned for the last 10 years. Brings a smile to my face every time I ride it and it's signed by the man himself :)

May 10 126.JPG

Day 9(k).jpg

• Like Like x 4
  11. Hi don't know anything about that ingot sorry

12. I have one but can't remember the number unfortunately as it's in storage currently.

Des walker had 2 of them and one was stolen. I bought and still own 916sps no1 which he used to own as well.

Last I heard that there was only 154 foggys left out of 202.

13. Just checked and I have no 153

14. I've got No 26, Frame No 001592, engine 001766. No 31 lives just up the road. I'll pop over and get the numbers if the owner will allow.

15. It's more than just stickers! I have a Foggy and a SPS and they ride and handle differently. Perhaps it just the wheels that creates the difference but they are like chalk and cheese!

16. Just checked and I have Foggy no 153. The stickers have never been fitted on mine and I still have the kit with all of them in there along with the instructions on how to fit them and where!

• Like Like x 1
  17. Isn't it mainly wheels, airbag and there is a frame mod to accommodate the bigger airbox?

18. hi just found this forum
    I have number 063 I think will check later (its been stored since 2002) and post engine/frame numbers

• Like Like x 1
  19. You will be wanting rid, cheapish then :)

20. no not for sale, but I am interested in logging all numbers with owners to see how many are still out there

Do Not Sell My Personal Information