1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ducati Engine Coffee Table

Discussion in 'Builds & Projects' started by Arctic Silk, Nov 18, 2015.

1. Hi everyone,

So about a year i started on creating a 2nd coffee table from a 749 engine. Not your standard empty cylinder block and put some glass on it......this is something special.

Anyway, i have now completely finished it, and i think it looks absolutely stunning.

Have a look and spread the interest.

LEES-20151116-CofTable-009.jpg

#1 Arctic Silk, Nov 18, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2015
    • Like Like x 22
  2. :upyeah: Fantastic job

3. proper work of art that :thumbsup:

4. Stunning, good work.

I'd have the stand powder coated black as it's a big chunk of metal. Then your eye would be directed more to the engine.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Awesome if I had won the 101m las night I would buy it. Agree with above about stand was the first thing I saw, or polished/chromed??
    Anyway awesome just the same.

6. Are you the chap that bought my blown 1098 few years back?

7. Very cool, thought about building something like this a number of times.

8. Im tempted:grinning:

• Like Like x 1
  9. Agree with #4.
    Your eye is drawn to the plain gauge stand which detracts from an otherwise lovely looking object.
    A stand with drilled out sections, engraved surface's with engine statistics etc etc would enhance the stand massively and compliment all your hard work with the rest of the engine/table.

10. Nelson, i believe that it may have been me....That will be started once i sell this one. Do you live in Swindon?

Cheers for the comments chaps.

As for the stand.....i wanted the whole piece to be kept minimalistic but yet have the details stand out. The stand is made from stainless steel so you have the nice grain effect associated with stainless. It may look plain until viewed closer. I do want to do a completely different style for the next one which should look even better.

Also, if someone wanted it and they really did want to have the stand colour changed, stainless allows for a number of aesthetics to be applied....hard anodised, standard anodised, painted, powder coated etc etc.

11. Bet the paint does not flake off that one !

#13 johnny, Nov 18, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2015
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. there is no paint on it to fall off!

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Ducati take note !

14. :hearteyes: i want it now! although im going to do it with an old srad engine i have. do you have any pictures of it in the making?

15. *bobs head side-ways*

Respect

16. OOH i like that :yum:

17. Are you open to offers?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information