1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ducati Pidcocks Nottingham 5 Month Repair.

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Ant.B, Apr 22, 2017.

1. Ducati had new swing arm and venture shield replaced still there as of today, 5 months so far. .

2. Seems like a long time, what's the problem?

3. Obviously more to it surely, it's a bit of a vague post tbh

4. You don't seem particularly angry, if it's as clear cut as it seams I would be making a lot of noise.
    Steve

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Welcome into the mad house
    A bit more information and a newbie introduction would be a helpful

:)

6. When I bought the bike new venture shield had been fitted all sorted by Pidcock sit wasn't right when I picked the bike up brand new bike and it was agreed to sort later during which time on some panigale the chain. Catches the swing arm so 5 months ago they picked the bike up had some carbon fitted swing arm done waiting on venture shield that's it no more spoken to ducati uk Pidcock did not want to give me email of director did in the end sent email just said he would look into it. Nice bike shop. They have had some problems with getting venture shield sorted but is that bad planing I gues and yes I have been very mad but let's hope it is right this time as I will be going straight to court with the matter.
    That's it no story phone and ask them as it been known for you to take 5 month to repair a bike

7. Greetings Ant. Sorry to hear you have had problems with Ducati Nott'm. Ducati Nott'm have been spot on when I've dealt with them, couldn't be more helpful. Never really heard anything negative about Pidcocks in general TBH.
    What is it exactly you are waiting for new Ventureshield?

8. Yes as the 1st time it was done Curtis agreed that it was no good and I can see what your saying but this is beyond a joke to be honest I don't like falling out with poeple but I have been messed about with the time it has took

9. Sounds ridiculous.... taking 5 months to fit some ventureshield, or have I missed something? Did they offer you a replacement bike to use in the meantime?

10. Have they had your bike for 5 months? Or just waited for ventureshield replacement?

11. The bike left me on the 26th November
    They did not offer Me a bike how ever when I did ask 1 month ago they said no then I asked again before last bank holiday they said yes then looking at the weather I left it as the thought I might never get the bike back.

12. Odd very odd!

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Nigel no gimmick telling you how it is I have no need to tell any lies.

14. It's a shame you're having so much hassle.
    I bought my 916 from them last year.i can't rate them high enough.Hope you find a speedy resolution.

15. I'd write them a letter (recorded delivery) telling them I'd be going elsewhere to hire a replacement bike and that I'd be sueing them for the privelage.
    But as said before in post above They'd have done it a ling time ago to get me off the phone and out of their showroom on a busy saturday afternoon.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Hmmm strange but welcome anyway Dave

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. After 5 months I'd be having that letter sent by a solicitor. Give them a reasonable time to repair the bike from now and return it to you, say a couple of weeks. At this point if it's not returned, fully repaired, you will expect a full refund plus compensation or it'll be going to court. They are blatantly taking the p**s.

My friend did something similar after the ECU failed in his MV Agusta and it lit a fire under the dealer.

• Like Like x 1
  18. No need for yet another internet legal team on standby. Walk in, ask politely to speak with the service manager and ask him to explain himself and if he thinks the timescale is acceptable? It sounds a simple fix, can't understand why they haven't ordered parts and booked you in to resolve when parts are confirmed on site.

19. And if that doesn't work then I'm sure Ducati UK would be interested to hear that one of their dealer network isn't performing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. It would be ever so interesting what the dealer has got to say regarding this issue!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information