1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cafe Racer Ducati Scrambler Cafe Racer

Discussion in 'Scrambler' started by Gavmav, Apr 11, 2017.

1. So it had been 2 years since my accident, where an older gentleman in a bit of a hurry decided to chance it across a set of busy traffic lights, ignore a red light to where he was met by myself on my pride and joy Monster 1100S.

Needless to say there wasn't much left of the bike nor my right arm afterwards and it was completely written off and my arm now rebuilt to the full terminator 2 specification.

Well after a break away and a build up back to fitness, I finally picked up my new Cafe Racer and got myself back on board a Ducati.

The first one to be taken delivery of from JHP Coventry, its got a fair bit of attention. Not to mention its gorgeous modern day/retro looks straight out of the box. Complete with Termi race slip on, just to give it a bit more character and a few more pops and bangs up and down the cogs.

Looks as though I've been one of the first to take delivery in the country and I can say its not let me down. Its everything you can ask for in a comfy good looking, everyday bike. Not enough power to kill you, but just enough for you to throw around and have a laugh on!

Pictures font really do the bike any justice, but everyone who has laid eyes on it picks out the little details every time someone wants to have a look. A great addition to the Ducati range and currently, quite a rarity out on the roads! Cafe Racer.JPG Garage.JPG JHP.JPG

• Like Like x 19
  2. Nice one Dave

• Like Like x 1
  3. That looks great fun...enjoy.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Saw one in my local dealer last week. They look great. Nice one!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Great that you're back in the saddle :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  6. Someone young on a Scrambler, nice bike :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Can't wait for mine to turn up look good a future classic

• Like Like x 1
  8. Very smart, have fun!

p.s. Like the helmet :smile:

• Like Like x 1
  9. Lovely looking machines, good to hear you've recovered well and back in the saddle now :)

• Like Like x 1
  10. You've got a beauty there, many happy miles.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Glad you got back in the saddle, mine arrives at end of the month :)

• Like Like x 2
  12. IMG_4618.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  13. They don't fog. They are open at the bottom allowing airflow at all times.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Nice enjoy your rides.

15. Old thread, I am doing the rounds of reading all the forums :-D

Absolute love the Cafe Racer.

As it happens, having only owned my Monster 1200 for 6 weeks I spotted the Ducati Cafe Racer and I am very close to buying one! It's seems a little crazy, but the Cafe Racer is just a beautiful thing - like has been said earlier, a possible future classic.

Have I got it right that they had a limited production run and/or as of the current date (November 2018) the black coffee coloured version is no end of line, replaced by the blue and silver version?
    --if that is true, I may be unable to help myself from buying one!

I'd love to hear from @Gavmav how he's getting on (both the arm and the bike).

16. Hi@dukenukem ,

The bike is a blast in the summer, tucked up for the winter now as its about as much use as a chocolate fire guard in the bad weather.

One thing you cannot get away from is how good looking the bike is and it certainly pulls attention when I am out and about......and very rare. Other than in JHP in Coventry I haven't seen another one on the road. The bike is a barrel of laughs but just misses that extra oomf.

I got the Cafe Racer as it was low on insurance after smashing my arm to pieces and there wasn't many 1100S Monsters in the same spec as my old bike, so I thought it would be a good stop gap to get me back on the road. I'm sort of getting to the stage now where I will throw it in next year and have something different. Possibly for a new 1200s Monster, but mostly for something different as this is my second Ducati and fancy a change. Need something a bit more comfortable and with a bit more poke.

The smile per mile factor is still great though and the bike certainly looks the part, I would highly recommend. Unsure whether the bike was a limited run but as you mention, it may get even rarer now. The LED lights, hydraulic clutch and updated dash with the Gear indicator and fuel gauge are a nice to have, but overall there hasn't been any changes to the motor. With the Termignoni race pipe and map on mine as well it sounds awesome.

If your local to Ducati Coventry keep an eye out as mine may be on the forecourt after Xmas haha.

17. Ha cheers mate, that's very helpful. And ye there's a few out there already but not many.

Mine will be a second bike, and I can't decide if it's a good move - am I attracted too much by the looks, will I prefer it over my Monster and are they too similar to make a difference. All this time believe it or not I have been looking at the BMW NineT Urban GS and even contemplating three bikes. I need to stop reading MCN!!!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information