1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ducati Scrambler Italia Cost

Discussion in 'Scrambler' started by muckey16, Jul 17, 2016.

1. Hi,

I am new to Ducati and Buying Motorcycles. Be easy on me lol. I just placed deposit on a Ducati Scrambler Italia Independent.
    Whats the best price anyone got on a new scrambler off the RRP? and Any discount on Clothing?
    I was torn between the scrambler and the monster 821, whats the general thought on the two bikes?

Mac

2. Scrambler, hmm, no thanks

Monster,[emoji1][emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. I've just taken a peek at the Scrambler Italia Independant. This is the 1st time I've seen it and quite like the thing (although I'm in the minoroty on here in liking the Scrambler anyway) :Wideyed:

4. Scrambler and Monster are sort of similar, sort of different... Scrambler is air-cooled, an alternately-tuned retelling of the old 2v 796 Monster motor with only ABS standing between you and total control. 821 is a water-cooled 4v motor with modern rider-aids including ride-modes, traction control and the like. I'd say that the Scrambler is a bit unpopular on here as most of the riders would say it feels a bit underpowered and they object to the overt marketing... anyone with eyes can tell you that they're styled at modern (Monster) and retro (Scrambler) ends of the naked bike spectrum.

A Scrambler is a neat little bike, and whichever model you choose from the (800) range is well styled and fun to ride. The niggles most often pointed to are the hard seat, the budget suspension, quick-wearing Pirelli tyres (although they ride well, grip is ace) and some slightly cheap-feeling cycle parts (e.g. pedals, chain adjusters etc.). The 821 could be said to suffer from the same cheap component mix, although the seat is a nice gel affair and the suspension seems more sorted on the Monster.

A Scrambler is a hoot to ride, but then so is a Monster, so really it's a matter of which bike speaks to you. I've ridden both and own a Scrambler Classic and although the Monster is definitely the more sporty ride you can hound sports bikes all day long on the Scrambler. If you're coming from a 125 then the Scrambler will feel grunty and will give you a lot of fun, and has a pretty significantly tolerant nature... you'd have to be riding very ham-fistedly to crash a Scrambler really.

Enjoy your bike, something drove you to the Scrambler and so ignore the haters and revel in the ride. If you push a bit on corners then you'll soon find the limits of the standard exhaust on the RH side (although the Italia has a Termi?) and your toe-sliders will touch down on your left boot without too much provocation. That tells you a lot about the confidence the bike inspires. When that happens then it's time to start bolting bits on. Evotech have a lot in their catalogue to love for the Scrambler.

5. I have not rides the monster - it was a bit more lean forward than the scrambler

The scrambler has a hard seat and bad suspension which I have fixed with a sergeant seat and online and andreani suspension

It's great fun to ride and gives lots of confidence

I ride it much harder than my DVT multistrada and it gives a good but different buzz

For sure it's not lightening quick but it's fun.

Forget all the marketing BS it's a fun bike

• Like Like x 1
  6. cheers guys for all the reply's. Yes am moving from a 125cc and i have took much experience i could take from it over the years. My original love was for the Xdiavel S but i need to master the mid range bikes before i attempt any 1000c or above bikes.

That said, i do love the look of the Monster 821 and the Scrambler Italia Independent. My hope was being a limited edition i could keep it for years then later buy a bigger bike and have it as a second bike. I know you can tune bikes with aftermarket exhausts, air filters and re-tuned to get little extra power.

Do ducati discount much from RRP and their clothing? best price i could get the Scrambler Italia Independent for is £9450.00.
    Is this a decent price for what i am getting or should i get a Scrambler Full Throttle and buy aftermarket seat, exhaust and suspension?
    Or
    Monster 821? I want something that i will keep for years and will not disappoint me on a Sunday ride with other bikers. Power is my worry.

7. With the Italia Independent you're paying for a few styling changes really. The bike is mechanically no different really to the Icon. So depends what you like the look of really and how you want to spend your money. You could buy the II if that ticks your boxes, or go down the path of buying a different model and customising it. You'll be doing well to get much of a discount as I think the dealers are not finding them hard to sell, but you never know.

Don't worry about power, there's more than enough in the Scrambler to get yourself into bother if you ride like a berk. It's got great handling and the joy of the Scrambler for me, compared to my sports bikes, is throwing it at corners and exploiting the low centre-of-gravity and great handling. You'll accelerate as fast as all but the fastest cars on the roads up to real world speeds and although the Scrambler is realistically all in by 110mph you have such fun in that 40-80mph bracket that top speed is kind of irrelevant. I've seen 127mph on the clock of mine and TBH that was enough, the front end was light and it was not really safe to be going much faster than that on it. The Monster is going to be more of the same and although it'll be a bit quicker it'll still be slow compared to a well-ridden sports bike, or a bigger naked.

If you like the look of the Scrambler then you're already on the right path to choosing one. Have you ridden one? They're really fun, and you'll not find it slow on the road.

8. That's a lot of cash for a Scrambler. It's essentially the same as all of the other similar cc Scramblers with a few design detail changes. I'd be looking at a different model myself. The Urban Enduro is my fave. :upyeah:

#8 Robarano, Jul 17, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2016
  9. Thanks again guys. Just visited Ducati Glasgow and the Moster 821 with termi w/o baffles - wow . Cancelled the scrambler Italia and going to get the 821. Thanks again for all the advise.

• Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information