1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ducati Sp5 Worth

Discussion in '851 / 888' started by Peter king, Feb 21, 2016.

1. wots a excellent condition worth 16'500 miles std tool kit fsh etc ,I know it's worth wot u are prepared 2 pay just after your views thanks

2. 888? £7-10k at a guess.
    Very hard to put a price on.
    To me the SP2 and 3 are the top sp (4 has dodgy graphics) and the 5 lost a few trinklets but do still command premium as last of the line.

3. 7- 10 k I wood say is miles off Just show how people are different I wood only have the sp5.

4. What do you reckon then? If you would only have an SP5 then you would no doubt pay a premium for one?

Are you a chippie?

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Iam asking 4 people's opioion I have a sp5 I know wot iPadi 4 mine but my freind was after one and found one but the guy after offers

6. Two people have answered. You need two more to make the four opinions you seek.

Come on people, help this man out.

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. SP5's seem to come up less than 4's but it will be a long debate about which ones the more desirable. I'd have either but nudge towards a 4 because I love white frames.....

Anyway, I've seen them advertised for £14 - £15k and they hang around for ages. I would have said £12k ish is more realistic.

There's loads of dodgy ones around, one which is Cat D comes up every 18 months and last time sold for about £8.5k from memory.

8. Less than an sp1, and less than a 915 sps, bit like a 998s is worth less than a 915sps; later and better but not as iconic

Unless exceptional how can it be worth more than 7k. To me. WHich was the question.

9. £7K - £10K :smileys:

10. No, he only needs one more, because he knows what he paid for his SP5.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. This isn't about my bike which iam more than happy with and have been offered a lot more but it's not 4 sale. All I wanted was people's opions which you have given. I thankyou but have no idea Oviselly

12. Between 12500 and 16000 euro.
    But as said it is not the easiest bike to sell.
    They still come up for sale now and then.
    And every one said they want a 851 or 888,but not many people do really want to lay down the money for it.
    Also it is the model just before ducati got well known by everybody.

Henk!!!

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. I was in Protwins today and they have just got a Mint SP5 in for sale. 1 thousand miles on the clock, No 344. I don't know what he's asking for it but it is one beautiful bike.

14. £25,000 by the looks of it

Ducati 888 SP5 | eBay

15. :Bucktooth:

16. hello,the sp5 is "end of series" and all "end of series" are worth less than others.
    I will not pay more than 8/9k....It must be perfect and original (the more so as they value all of course)
    between the SP that is worth more is the sp2 (first year of the World SBK champion and where it all began) and then sp3.
    this makes the market says and tells the story...
    sorry for my english but I'm Italian !!

17. The SP5 suffered from cost cutting, steel tank instead of alloy and the ohlins forks got ditched for showa. A heavier bike and the motor wasnt developed much from the earlier SP's. The real turkey in the series is the SPO. A usa version of the SP5 but without the tuned motor and cans due to emission laws. Basically its a 888 strada with a single seat and a bit of carbon but they still make good money because theyve got a plaque and I suspect some buyers think theyre buying more than they are getting.

• Like Like x 1
  18. "The real turkey" - that made me laugh!

I wouldn't mind a turkey like that, if anyone sees fit to shove one my way.

19. Bonham's have an SP3 up at Stafford in Spring - Guide £9-£12K

Do Not Sell My Personal Information