1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ducati Strategy has Spies Backing

Discussion in 'Front Page Articles' started by Ducati News, Feb 4, 2013.

1. spies 2.jpg

Big things are expected from Ben Spies this year. 'Elbowz' as he is known within the industry for his unique riding style is still recovering from injuries sustained at the Malaysian Grand Prix last year however he is expected to kick start his Ducati career in Qatar on April 7th 2013.

The Memphis born rider has expressed his approval in regard to the direction that the Italian company are taking this year with their MotoGP team in that full factory machinery from Ducati will be available to their riders. All 4 riders, Spies, Andrea Iannone, Nicky Hayden and Andrea Dovizioso. will have the same equipment and specs available to them for the 2013 season and, according to Spies, this is going to go a long way to allowing the Italians to catch up with some of their competitors most notably Honda and Yamaha.

For many, this is Spies chance to get onto the factory team in 2014 however it is a strange sequence of events that has taken Spies from years of progress to where he is now. It is not as if he hasn't won on the MotoGP circuit before however, in some quarters, it is looking as though he has to prove himself again. He was officially unveiled as a member of the Ignite Pramac Racing earlier in January at Wrooom 2013.

It remains to be seen how Spies and the rest will perform in 2013 but with the full backing of the Ducati factory then they certainly have all the tools at their disposal.

spies 2.jpg

2. What a natural and unforced smile Spies has....looks like he's had an accident.

3. I think the title was a typo.

Here it is corrected...

"Ducati Strategy has Spies at the back".

4. Spies will do well when he gets back to full fitness. I think so anyway.

Look like another long year for us Ducatisti though :frown:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information