1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ducati Trackstar - Silverstone 26/5

Discussion in 'Trackdays & Rider Skills' started by graeme4130, May 23, 2016.

1. Now that the Snetterton day has been and gone and people seemed to have enjoyed it, albeit at a rather controlled pace, who else is at Silverstone this Thursday for the 2nd day ?
    I'm booked into track for the AM and road for the afternoon, and today, got the info through from SSL about when and where
    Anyone else going ?

#1 graeme4130, May 23, 2016
    Last edited: May 23, 2016
  2. I am on road am and track pm,means i get a extra hours kip,bringing bike in van.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Ducati Trackstar - Silverstone 26 May - pm Track Sessions

Inbox
    x

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Dear Trackstar rider,

We are looking forward to welcoming you to the Ducati UK Panigale Trackstar day at Silverstone National Circuit this coming Thursday 26 May for the afternoon Track Sessions. This is event is being managed by California Superbike School. We have listed below some last minute reminders to help your Trackstar experience run smoothly:

Take time to plan your journey…..directions to Silverstone Getting Here - Silverstone

·Sign On for pm track riding session is from 11.00am closing at 12.20pm in Garage 1, National Paddock so please ensure you arrive in good time.

·Safety Briefing (Compulsory) for pm track session is 12.25-13.25 in classroom under Race Control

·On arrival you will be greeted by our staff who will advise you which colour group you will be in for the day. Then you will be directed to Sign On so please look out for the group colours at sign on and register in your group.

·Please remember your driving licence, completed indemnity (see attached) and riding kitas these will all be checked at sign on

·Breakfast is served 7-9am in Paddock Café for all Trackstar riders, your guests will have to purchase their own breakfasts.

·Riding gear is at least 2 piece leathers which zips up. Leathers are available to hire if booked in advance please call Wendy on 0118-957-4354.

·We will be using Silverstone National Circuit Track Hire - Silverstone

·Noise level limits (102Db Drive By) to be complied with and assessed when at the circuit, you are responsible for own bike’s noise level.

·First session will be on your own bike(we will unable to provide a replacement if you do not bring your own bike for the first session).

·Second and Third sessions will be on a Panigale 959/1299.

·This is not a normal track day, rather a controlled test day for Panigale. More details will be provided during the Safety Briefing.

·During the day we will be holding a number of classroom sessions for you to participate in with Niall McKenzie interviewing various stars of the track or journalists on their time with a Panigale on road or track

·Lunch is provided for riders (11.40-2pm) but guests may wish to bring their own lunch or buy lunch at the circuit. The fuel station in the main paddock will also be open where you can refuel in the lunch break should you need to.

·There will be a limited number of Ducati Road bikes available for road demos during the day. Demo rides will be limited to max 1 per Trackstar rider (due to high demand they will not be available to spectators etc) AM Road sessions will be limited to those on PM Track sessions and vice versa. Please book with Lynn at Ducati Show Truck in Paddock. Bookings are taken on first come first served basis, and cannot be guaranteed.

·At end of your final track session you will be asked to complete a survey on your Panigale experience, the questionnaire will be sent to Ducati in Italy, so your feedback is important.

·On completion of your questionnaire you will receive a £100 voucher to spend in your nearest Ducati Dealership AND a voucher towards a Deposit contribution of £750 (959) or £1000 towards a 1299 - if you choose to buy a new Panigale with our Ducati Finance TriOptions product.

·A photographer will be on site to capture you on a Panigale and we will be giving each participant a photograph as a memento of their day with us at Silverstone Circuit, additional photographs will be available for purchase.

You will find attached a rider indemnity form from Ducati Italia, please complete this form in advance of your attendance then your day will run more smoothly.

If you have any queries regarding the day or your booking please contact Wendy on 0118-957-4354

Have a great day!

Regards
    Wendy Kelly
    Superbike School LtdTel:- +44 (0) 118-957-4354
    Fax:- +44 (0) 118-959-7300
    E-mail:-[email protected]

3. Same as you, am road/pm track. I've read on here that on the Snetterton day if you didn't get there sharpish and book your road session you wouldn't get one. Looks like they may have re-thought that one as the info email is saying only one road session each. All the same aiming to get there as early as I can to get my name down.

4. Was this well advertised??

5. Iirc I got a generic email from Ducati asking if I'd like to register for it, but didn't think I'd get an invite

6. I'm there, track am & road pm
    Weather looks good too

7. Not looking good for me. Fitted my gb racing covers tonight put my ignition on and boom engine check light :(. Whether I've poked something I shouldn't of or it's genuinely got an issue I don't know. Just hope I can get it looked at and sorted before Thursday for this track star thing and for donni next week

8. I'm on track am and road pm

• Like Like x 1
  9. I think Superbike School should proof read their emails before sending them out.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Two of us are on the morning road and afternoon track sessions and one of us on the morning track session :)

That's extremely unlikely to be a real problem, probably just a loose connector somewhere.

11. I'm on road AM and track PM. Riding the bike there and back as its in road trim at the mo and for the sake of one session I'll forego the van option (would have to hire one too).

Donny on Tuesday too but in a van and track trim for that [emoji106]

• Like Like x 1
  12. Took it to Ducati Cov for them to have a look. Turned out I hadn't poked or crushed anything and it was just a coincidence. The Map Sensor had given up so got it replaced there and then. I do like dealing with Rick, was evident he was rushed off his feet but he always tries to help out the best he can, they are good guys at Cov.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Well this is a good start to the day... CAN line error and all the lights flashing when I switched it on this morning to head up nice and early to the Trackstar event!! Grrr! Got the bike in bits to clean the connectors of what I'd imagine is water from cleaning it. Would be nice to have a bike that can take a wash every now and then!

14. Just got here
    Looks like no road riding for me as you have to have your license >2yrs
    It's dry, but the groups are pretty big from what I can tell
    Some poor bloke dropped his bike unloading it from the van already

15. That's a bummer! At least you get the track time...:upyeah:

16. That's odd, they didn't even ask to see my licence when booking a road test on a Multistrada Endure. Maybe took one look at my grey hair and drew a conclusion? Needed to surrender my licence at sign-on anyway so hope they don't ask for it when I pitch up for the ride in a couple of hours...

Anyone from the forum at the event, I'm the imposter on the MV Turismo Veloce, lid as per avatar with 150 sticker on the back. Say hello :)

17. I genuinely just heard a guy ask an instructor if his group could go the other way around the track as he 'doesn't turn right well' FFS

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  18. Pmsl gotta love a trackday novice

19. Garage 2a if anyone wants to say hello

20. F'kin Speedway riders :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information