1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ducati UK track days announced in association with California Superbike School

Discussion in 'Front Page Articles' started by mattmccabebrown, Feb 22, 2014.

1. rockin' !!!

:cool:

2. booked it through snells……Desmo dave has sorted it……..i expect you will be flying upper class?

3. i seem to recall a conversation or thread ages ago about a ducati day and a possible meet up in may at donnington, anyone know if this is still on etc?

4. Yes, see your local dealer

5. will call into smc. anyone fancy a meet up if so?

6. Still got spaces in all groups :upyeah:

7. Booked Donington with JHP....Silverstone will probably get booked next week too :)

Hopefully this goes better than Brands last year....made it as far as the garage before being beaten back by the deluge :(

8. Ducati UK will host two track days on the full circuits of both Silverstone and Donington Park this summer. The track events are in association with Ducati’s new partner, California Superbike School, who will be there to provide expert tips and guidance as well as monitor track activity.
    Donington Park & Silverstone

The first track day on May 27 will take place at the famous Donington Park Circuit, scene of Ducati’s first ever World Superbike win. Here Ducati UK will welcome Ducati Team Superbike riders, Chaz Davies and Davide Giugliano along with Ducati Corse’s Ernesto Marinelli. Participants at Donington Park will have the chance to meet the riders and talk to Ernesto Marinelli, gaining a real insight from those at the heart of the Ducati Panigale World Superbike programme.
    Both the Donington Park and Silverstone track days will be ‘noisy’ (105db) days and will take place on the full GP circuits priced at £165. Breakfast and lunch is included in the price at Donington Park and at Silverstone there will be a £10 food voucher for use at the Paddock Café on site.
    Try before you buy?

A unique feature for this year’s track days will be the chance to hire a Ducati to ride on track. If you don’t want to take your own pride and joy on track or would like to test ride a Ducati in a controlled environment then there is an opportunity to hire the new Monster 1200, the acclaimed 899 Panigale or the flagship 1199 Panigale.
    The new 135hp Monster 1200 features the 1198 11° Testastretta engine, the versatility of three riding modes and the Ducati Safety Pack (Ducati Traction Control and ABS) and can be hired for £249 for the day.*
    The acclaimed 899 Panigale delivers the 145hp from the superquadro engine with incredible lightness and agility and features Ducati Traction Control (DTC) riding modes and Ducati Quick Shift (DQS) and can be hired for the day for £269.*
    The supreme 1199 Panigale is also available to hire, the stunning 1199 Panigale oozes performance appeal with a 195hp from the superquadro engine. Also featuring DTC, ABS, DQS and riding modes the 1199 Panigale will be available to hire for £349 for the day.*
    *Price of hire includes fuel and tyre usage. A £1,000 returnable damage deposit is required. Costs are limited to repairs, only if required. Session only prices on application.
    There will be a number of Ducati dealers attending, bringing technical support as well as members of the Ducati UK team hosting the day.
    To book your track day or to hire a bike, please contact Lynn at Superbike School. Call: 08700 671 061 or email: [email protected]. Alternatively the track days can be booked through your local dealerhttp://www.ducatiuk.com/find_dealers/index.do

Read the whole post here.

9. Got all the gumf thru the post. Doesn't say of they are doing free instruction on the day or what...

10. Paul, there will be instructors on the day and they will be available to help you out.

11. According to the info, the 105Db noise limit is to be measured 0.5 metres from the exhaust outlet at 3/4 of peak revs. Are many sporty Ducatis really likely to meet that?

12. Thanks Dave, need all the help I can get ;)

13. Both circuits are ride-by testing. Not static.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. First one getting close now. Cross fingers for better weather :)

• Like Like x 1
  15. There was a lot of reports of the 1199s on standard cans failing, but when speaking with Tim at Ducati and the chap who works for Motorsport Vision, who own Brands Hatch etc, they told me that not a single 1199 on standard cans failed the drive by noise test

16. I take it that's just for the noisey days? Just have the standard cans on mine but I've only looked at 105db days so far as I figured anything else would just be a waste of money....

17. Nope that was at Brands who dont run noisey days. This was on the GP circuit which has a lower limit that the Indy

• Like Like x 1
  18. That's pretty interesting, I had figured it would be noisey days only. I'll have to look into this further and maybe contact MSV and see where things stand. Thanks Matt

• Like Like x 1
  19. Matt, we were at Brands the Tuesday before Easter for a Sunrise to sunset day on the Indie circuit. From 9am to 5pm the noise limit was 105db static and 98db ride by. After 5pm the noise limit reduced to 102db static and at 101.5 I was warned that I might get black flagged on the ride by. The GP circuit is 102db static all the time because you go nearer the local houses. I have said in a previous thread the MSV staff running the noise test advised all the 899 and 1199 Panigale riders to lean their bikes over so the exhaust pipe didn't point into the ground. There were a number of Ducatis on the day and none of them failed the 105db static or 98db ride by. Nosie limits at other MSV tracks do differ but the MSV web site is very detailed about what the limits are. Andy

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information