1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ducati Values - Again

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Exige, Dec 31, 2016.

1. I know recently many including myself have been sceptical of values (read: asking prices), mainly concerning SP,SPS and R Superbike derivatives.
    About 5 years ago when I started collecting a bike or two I noticed values of RC30's and RC45's were similar to 996R and 998R's and the like.
    Looking at a few ads today it is apparent that the RC30's and RC45's have gained much more (and they are Honda's FFS!) - with all sellers jumping on the band wagon. Ducati much less so. Will we see a greater move northwards in 2017 - I think we could, :Writing: (as I need to pay my mortgage off) :Angelic:

• Like Like x 1
  2. wall is going up.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Noticed this the other day. Almost every RC30 was £25k. Wonder how long they sit for sale at that price....

4. They'll alawys move up over time.

That being said, there are some real chancers out there at the moment on prices.

5. Agree. I can't bring myself to pay more than 10k for a bike that is c20yrs old and 20k plus miles on it, no matter what it is. TBH same goes for standard stuff: 2000 996s for 6k?!

6. I think there is a tendency for people to "invest" more in tangibles at the moment as the alternatives are not too great elsewhere, despite, or maybe because of, the FTSE100 being at a record high, and this is pushing prices higher generally.

7. Advertised price and real values are two very different beasts

• Agree Agree x 4
  8. Definitely seems to be the way with bike prices, trouble is people don't seem to want to see the bike unless they can knock you down £1000's via a keyboard befor they even come to view, you can't beat viewing a bike and then if it's to your liking haggling a price that's fair to both parties, some new member keyboard warrior off here tried to offer me 6k off asking price and told me he was doing me a favour, pmsl

• Like Like x 2
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. My point was RC Hondas have more than doubled where in the same period of time Special Ducati models have only risen circa 50%.
    If everyone is asking approaching £30K for an RC now you will not get one for £15k like you could 2 years ago and if one comes up at £20k to £25k it appears to be a bargain all of a sudden (to some buyers :) ) - ultimately this pushes the prices Northwards quicker and the Honda's are increasing more which I found surprising.

10. There are far less of them though and they have a very specific iconic background. Unlike most Ducati's imo

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. 4782 RC30's were made with far less background pedigree than SPS or some R models so seems like the opposite, other than these being based on a similar road bike unlike the RC's - I guess that's what you meant :)

12. Fe sold his 10K mile RC30 a few years back for £9k.

FWIW, it might be a cash investment but you don't get £30k+ riding value out of one though.

Honda RC30 019.jpg

13. I'm forever blowing bubbles ...

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. I had no idea they made that many! I seem to remember it being a rare sight on the roads in the 90's, when you would see lots of R1's and a fair number of 916's

15. Part of the answer maybe that an RC30 is an RC30 and there are no other models in the range.

A Ducati SPS or an R may have more pedigree, but maybe the availability of the plain cooking models bring their values down. There are lots of 748/916/996/998 derivatives to choose from. The same can't be said of an RC30.

A Desmosedici, Paul Smart or MHR may be more comparable bikes.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. As a comparison 519 came into the U.K.

17. Keep off that Fairy Liquid and get back on the hard stuff :)

18. Thanks for agreeing for once ;)

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  19. As Ducati seem to want to become a more mainstream volume manufacturer do you think there will there be less "specials" launched in years to come and those that are launched are just tweaked standard models, given that "specials" would get in the way of volume production?

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Maybe more 'pretend specials' like MV but more out of sight very special specials perhaps, only the likes of you can afford :Greedy:
    If they still have homologation rules the same then we will always have the R bikes, but maybe they will call them something else soon as other manufacturers are using this now (even though they pinched it off Suzuki :smileys:)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information