1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

999 Dymag Carbon Wheels... An Opinion.

Discussion in '749 / 999' started by yellowducmaniac, Mar 18, 2017.

1. Got my new Dymags fitted yesterday and made hay while the sun shone so to speak,i went for a 20 mile round trip on twisty roads and although i'm no expert bike road tester even I could tell that the bike handled better than it did before,tipping into corners with very little effort ,holding a line like never before and even accelerating out of corners what seems like blisteringly faster than before...so anyone dilly dallying about getting a pair of CF wheels,go for it ...i'm very impressed.

20170318_102121.jpg [/ATTACH] 20170318_102136.jpg 20170318_102152.jpg

• Like Like x 13
  2. Suits the yellow better than red too :) is that at an alloy tank :Watching:

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Is the ducati-performance by dymag permanent or rim tape? They look sweet, how much..

4. No its a Carbon fibre 23L kamna tank,i bought it in Germany...light as a feather :D

• Like Like x 2
  5. Cool :cool:

6. Looks great mate would love a pair of them myself.

7. No, that's how they came, apparently they were originally marketed by DP, its not tape it looks like its etched into the rim...brand new they are over £2300 I got them for a lot less than half price as they are second hand, although you wouldn't know it...:D

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. Very nice :upyeah:

9. If ever there was a bike worth more as the sum of its parts, this is it :upyeah:

10. I've no idea how much I've spent over the years on mods and trick bits for it (if I totted it all up and told the missus she would probably divorce me!.),at the end of the day for me its not about the money its more about how it makes me feel when I open my garage doors,i have no intention of selling...:D.

#10 yellowducmaniac, Mar 18, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2017
    • Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. I love it matey, clearly a keeper :upyeah:

Just wish I had something I could do the same with :)

• Like Like x 1
  12. If only they matched the overall design of the bike even remotely :Bag:

• Disagree Disagree x 4
  13. Not sure what you've been smoking mate, but these wheels were designed specifically for the 749/999 series, what aspect of the design don't you think matches?

14. The "design" on those wheels is a similar generic five-spoke design that can be found in dozens of bikes. They look extremely bulky compared to the lovely thin-spoke forged alloy wheels, especially the rear wheel. Just an opinion though :rolleyes:

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. No worries mate ,wouldn't life be boring if we all thought the same...:cool:

#15 yellowducmaniac, Mar 18, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. No pleasing some people....

I think they look cracking.

Or spend £2300 on identical looking wheels...

• Like Like x 1
  17. i think they look motogpish

18. Dont like the rim thing tho, shame its not a sticker. But then its not my bike. I don't have to like it :)

19. The tank doesn't have an inner fuel cell, it came as the bare CF shell, although I believe they are all ''sealed'' at the factory I had initial problems with mine weeping around the fuel pump area (lowest part) ,I have since had it properly sealed with the Caswell stuff and up to now its holding tight.

20. you might have soon mate :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information