1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For Sale Ebay Bikes

Discussion in 'Ducati Bikes For Sale' started by Rob, Jun 13, 2014.

• WTF WTF x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  1. I personally don't think they will go much lower... I don't think the values are being helped by people being unrealistic in the asking prices for what look to be very average bikes to be honest and thus, bikes sitting around the market place for a while and the amount on the market being inflated due to this.

It's all about supply and demand at the end of the day and it looks to me like nice clean examples with service history are selling well where as those that haven't been so well cared for and have gaps in the service history with similar asking prices are sitting in the market place for a while...

The 1198 marked the end of an era for the Ducati Marque. For me the 1198 is the result of 20+years R&D and demonstrates Ducati at there best. I purposely chose the base model 1198 as I feel this will be the last 'Raw' Ducati Superbike to be produced, it has no fancy electronic 'rider aids' and is more than capable of spitting you off in to a ditch with your hair on fire at any given time should you get things a little wrong...

Don't get me wrong, I also think the newer and older bikes are fantastic too and so long as everything goes to plan there will be more Duc's joining the Mallinson 'Stable' over the coming years :)

I have been told I should keep hold of mine by those within the Ducati network several time since owning it (bought it private) which I have not needed to be told as 'she's definitely a keeper' :D

• Like Like x 2
  2. Ducati do seem to bottom and bounce in price more than other makes.

• Like Like x 1
  3. That's an awful lot of money. Looks nicely done though, and I agree about the gold.

4. Apparently they are "the one to have" as they don't make'em anymore.

5. For prices to go up you need to have demand. All I see on eBay and the like is a constant stream of bikes for sale at over optimistic prices that fail to sell. The odd one that gets a few real bids is way off the offer price and fails to meet the reserve.
    BTW this is great business for Ebay as their revenue model is to take "listing fees", so actually they prefer you not to sell, but keep re-listing.

6. I paid £8k for mine a year ago with 1300 miles from new, see them now with many more miles for £9 to £12k, so it does appear that they are, why do you ask :D

7. Yes, but that one is the rather unappealing version, with the gold frame. :Vomit:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information