1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ebay Brake Levers

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by sav996, Apr 9, 2017.

1. ive got some near identical levers on my kawasaki, i dont like them. they feel as cheap as they were.

i currently have titax levers on my ducati.

they suit the bike and the feel of the bike well

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Thanks mate - I'll check Titax out :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. personally i think its bike dependant, would i use titax for my beaten up work horse kawasaki, no.

but for the ducati, yes

do i still wish i had spent more on levers for the kawasaki, yes, will i, no

4. ive heard good things about crg and asv levers also. never tried

5. Depends how much you want to pay, I've had no problems with the Chinese levers.
    Steve

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Use asv levers on my rsv4. Well made nice and chunky.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. precisly my point,

i didn't say the Chinese levers where deadly, just, before i had tried better levers, or even stock from multiple bikes i could tell they were cheap (when i thought meh levers are levers right?)

comparing to myself, why spend £10k on a bike and put £20 levers on. its a working part, somthing you use no matter what,

buy parts that suit the cost of what your putting them on.

[emoji5][emoji5][emoji5]

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. I got Vtrec off eBay from Germany for £75 odd and really like them.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

9. I'd just like to say that I've got some cheap Chinese levers on my Z1000.... They've been on there for 2 years now... Not tarnished or faded either.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  10. Used chinese levers on the strada and never had an issue, I will own up to tart status and they were matching red.

• Like Like x 1
  11. all this, 'never had an issue' remarks.

well no you havent but its more about the actual quality in things rather than bog standard working.

for those that like chinese levers i think the honda cbf stand is over there [emoji1315][emoji1315][emoji1315]

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. +1 for Titax

13. Slinky, next you'll be saying you only shop at Harrods for food :smile:

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. shop for food? what! isnt that what my butlers for?

• Funny Funny x 2
  15. Gilles extreme levers on my 999s, had chinese levers on before and although perfectly functional I felt they didnt quite match the quality of the rest of the bike.

20170411_150356.jpg

#16 yellowducmaniac, Apr 11, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. I have those levers on the 848 and I bought them from ebay China. They come in long and short so I ordered a set of each, but paid less than £20 a set. I have a long clutch and a short brake fitted to the bike.
    They fit well feel fine and look good.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Just received a pair of V-Trec levers from Motea.com since they are running a 40% off on them. Haven't fallen over or anything (maybe the previous owner did), but my stock levers felt a bit crummy, like the paint had fallen off and somebody repainted them without any sanding or prep work. The V-trec ones seem really nice, the machining is really pretty and they've got a nice hefty, solid feel to them. They're probably also made in China, but at least they're made well. The adjusters feel really solid as well and they've got a reassuring 'bolt action riffle'-like feel to them. Highly recommended!

18. Not sure I'd consider a cheap Chinese piece of kit for something that does my braking ??

19. iPhones are made in China, as are many, many other premium products.
    The Chinese levers I put on my 999 look good and work beautifully - enormously better than the oem Brembo levers.

• Agree Agree x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information